Camden , NJ 08103
Posted 5 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Armand Corporation is currently looking for a full-timeConstruction Inspector (TA, TCI, TCIS) for NJDOT, NJTA and Municipal highway & bridge projects throughout New Jersey. Our ideal candidate will be self-motivated, professional, and able to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Candidate will be responsible for providing daily inspection of construction work within a given discipline to ensure the project is in compliance with plans and specifications
- Be proactive and alert project management professionals to issues that may come up in the field
- Provide solutions to mitigate those problems
- Observe field work to ensure workmanship and materials meet standards
- Maintain detailed daily reports and cost monitoring using project management, visual communication software, and Excel to ensure adherence to deadlines and schedules.
- Report on work progress and budget matters to clients.
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities, coordinate inspections.
- Ensure state, local, and federal safety and environmental compliance with requirements.
- Manage project budget, minimize and track expenses; provide finance reporting as needed.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously; and follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The following certifications are preferred, but not required:
- NICET Level 2 or higher in Transportation/Highway Construction
- NECEPT-Bituminous and ACI/PennDOT Concrete
- NECEPT Field Technician Certification
- CDS NeXtGen and/or ECMS Wave 5 are a plus
- High school diploma required
- 1-4 years of NJDOT, New Jersey Turnpike Authority, PennDOT, Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission, or related construction experience is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (including Excel) and experience using construction management software like e-Builder or Procore is preferred.
- Additional credentials, including PE license, PMP, CCM, and OSHA certifications, are a plus.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and collaborative team-oriented player with a positive and professional attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be fluent in English (both written and spoken).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Armand Corporation is an award-winning construction management firm that has managed public projects on the East Coast for almost 30 years. Armand offers a full benefit plan including medical, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, and paid time off. We are an equal opportunity employer. We participate in E-Verify.