Veritiv has an expansive North American network with more than 180 locations, and we do business with
more than half of the Fortune 500. We're a big company, but were also a new company, shaping our
systems and processes to support a successful and sustainable future. We don't just encourage an
entrepreneurial spirit, we embody it.
Are you looking to join a company where you feel empowered in your work and your job is not just a job,
but a path toward a rewarding and successful career? Do you want to be part of a company that
customers and suppliers not only want to do business with but need to do business with?
If you answered yes, then Veritiv might be the place for you. We encourage you to learn about and apply
to Veritiv if you seek a unique work experience, where diverse ideas are met with enthusiasm, and where
you can realize your full potential.Position Description
Job Summary and Scope:
Assist the facility in exceeding their financial and strategic goals by playing an active role as a key member of the facility leadership team. Provide supervision, direction and leadership to the drivers and warehouse employees to raise the standard of performance in meeting the goals of our internal and external customers. Plan, direct and monitor operation of the warehouse (including receiving) and transportation system within the facility to ensure a competitive service advantage by maintaining a high degree of accuracy and customer service at a minimal cost.
- Plans and coordinates work activities of warehouse functions, including receiving, delivery, and security.
- Develops and implements specific objectives and performance measures for each functional area and individual to improve performance.
- Interprets, understands and acts on individual and collective performance and quality data.
- Leads selection and hiring of new warehouse employees (including drivers); evaluates employee performance; develops and implements action plans for improving employee performance.
- Ensures that all warehouse employees (including drivers); receive proper training and skills development.
- Maintains and manages score cards by employee for the shift.
- Ensures regular and productive meetings are held to improve warehouse performance.
- Makes recommendations for and implements improvements in efficiency and effectiveness of warehouse operations.
- Oversees the preparation and loading of trucks for shipments and delivery of orders in conformance with company procedures and customer instructions.
- Maintains and controls the physical condition of the warehouse and supplies, security, facilities, grounds, etc.
- Ensures compliance with company and government policies and regulations (e.g., Safety, OSHA, HazMat, DOT).
- Participates in group and regional distribution projects.
- Implements company policies and procedures according to company guidelines for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Knowledgeable of safe work practices, policies and procedures and performs all duties in a safe manner. Supports facility safety committee with the objective of an accident free workplace. Ensures regular safety meetings are conducted; completes and reviews safety incident reports as necessary; recommends changes to assist in maintaining a safe working environment.
- Ensures constant communication of all changes to the appropriate personnel (e.g.,drivers, routing center, customer service, sales and management).
- Conducts ride along with drivers on a regular basis.
- Administer and support all federal, state and local laws pertaining to transportation.
Qualifications / Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelors degree
- A thorough understanding of warehouse, delivery, and traffic operations within a distribution setting, as well as government regulations (e.g., DOT, OSHA, HazMat, etc.). Ability to develop proficiency with company computer system is essential.
- 4+ years supervisory/management experience, preferably in warehouse operations.
- Ability to motivate and develop direct reports.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, including, but not limited to, performance management (employee evaluations, discipline, corrective action, coaching), and interviewing skills are required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Strong planning, organization, and customer relations skills are required.
Veritiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Individuals seeking employment are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law. Additionally, Veritiv will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Veritivs legal duty to furnish information. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here:http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Veritiv Corporation (NYSE: VRTV) is a North American leader in business-to-business distribution solutions. Serving customers across virtually every industry, we provide print, publishing, packaging, facility and logistics solutions that give our customers a competitive edge and help shape their success. Veritiv was recently named to FORTUNE 500.
Veritiv was established in 2014, following the merger of International Paper Company's xpedx business and Unisource Worldwide.