New Story Schools
Harrisburg , PA 17101
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
New Story Schools in Harrisburg and New Cumberland are seeking a Transition Coordinator to join their teams. The Transition Coordinator is responsible for developing, coordinating and managing the Career and Transition Services Program and assisting the Special Education Director and Clinical Director with operational needs within the school program.
Why New Story Schools?
- Highly supported, cutting edge behavioral, therapeutic, academic environment with staff ratios ranging from 1:4 1:1
- Most up to date training provided for; Crisis Intervention, Mandated Reporting, CPR/First Aid, Suicide Prevention, Behavioral Modification and ABA.
- Supervision available for individuals seeking certifications for professional development; RBT, BCABA and BCBA
- Develop, coordinate and implement career and transition services including but not limited to developing individualized plans, coordinating placement and transportation and monitoring progress.
- Develop working relationships with organizations and collaborate with internal staff and external entities to promote and implement student placement.
- Develop in-house skills development programs.
- Provide instruction to students in the areas to support vocational placement and motivate students by utilizing individualized instructional method that meet individual student needs.
- Provide instruction on how to apply the students knowledge to real-life situations as they transition into work and adulthood.
- Maintain data related to deadlines for IEPs as related to career and transition services.
- Maintain daily logs with services provided in relationship to IEP guidelines (as needed).
- Communicate routinely with students and guardians regarding career and transition plans.
- Utilize non-violent crisis intervention techniques and physically assist as needed.
- Attend various meetings with school districts, multidisciplinary team meetings, etc.
- Transport students in company vehicle as needed for transition program implementation.
- Assist with the preparation of required documents for IEP meetings.
- Bachelors Degree in social work, education or related field
- One (1) year of experience working with special needs students in an educational setting; one (1) year of experience working with transition services.
- Valid PA Drivers License
Monday-Friday full-time academic schedule with benefit options containing; medical, vision, dental, 401k with company match, paid school holidays, paid time off, as well as career advancement, promotional opportunities and employee perks program.
New Story is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information about New Story Schools and Services, benefits and careers please visit our website www.newstory.com