Training Grounds Fortnite Coach
Santa Monica , CA 90401
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Cloud9 is looking for talented Team Coaches for our winter Fortnite youth camp program. This position will span a training period of one week (December 14 - 18th, approximately 20 hours) and between December 21-23, 2020 , approximately 9 hours a day. Exceptional Coaches will be extended offers for additional camps.
The ideal candidate is a compassionate, motivational, and professional leader who is passionate about fostering positive gaming spaces and thrives in social situations. They should have an in-depth and well-rounded understanding of Fortnite through either personal gaming or coaching experience.
They should also have experience as a tutor, camp counselor, or a similar youth development role. Pursuing a degree in Education or Early Childhood Development is a plus. Candidates should also have multiple years experience of playing and/or coaching Fortnite at a moderately high level.Responsibilities:
- Supervise groups of up to 20 campers in scrims in and lessons for duration of camp
- Present 3-4 premade lessons to your assigned camper group, 1-2 lessons per day
- Supervise educational game mode play during lessons
- Conduct pre made skills tests for player improvement tracking
- Review game vods with your team and give constructive feedback for player improvement.
- Conduct a player evaluation with each camper to create a Player Profile and camp goals
- Collect player training stats and complete a review of each player for an end of camp Parent report
- Act as Game Referee in scrims and tournament play
- Manage the Training Grounds Discord community by monitoring discussion and interacting with Campers
- Organize and host pre and post camp pick-up game lobbies for Campers, 1 hour before or 1 hour after camp.
- Uphold the values of Training Grounds (Learning, Passion, Excellence, Safe Spaces)
- Conduct yourself as a Role Model at all times when interacting with Campers.
- High school graduate pursuing further education
- Experience working with youth (esports, traditional sports, camps, tutoring)
- Participation in competitive Fortnite play
- Ability to pass background check