The Trailer Mechanic furnishes quality major and minor in-house repairs to the Reefer fleet in a timely and efficient manner, while complying with Marten policy and procedure.
1.Meets the standard of performance.
2.Maintain proficiency in the diagnosis and repair of all equipment which includes high quality and low cost completed in a timely manner to meet fleet cost per mile goals.
3.Maintain proficiency in rebuilding components on equipment.
4.Effectively and efficiently performs preventative maintenance inspections. Ensure the timely and effective repair of any problems identified during preventive maintenance inspections.
5.Ensure all company, EPA and Safety policies are complied with to meet local, state and federal standards.
6.Accountable for all direct and indirect labor hours on a daily and weekly basis.
7.Completes all repair orders in a timely manner, ensuring all labor and parts are charged to the appropriate unit.
8.Responsible for neat personal appearance utilizing clean uniforms daily and proper footwear to include safety toe workshoes.
9.Achieve acceptable work attendance, does not abuse PTO time and sick day time.
Return all unused parts to the parts-room and does not abuse company tools.
11. Tags all warranty parts with appropriate information to include cause of failure, mileage and removal date.
12. Attends all company training classes, then retains and demonstrated what was instructed.
Responsible for the cleanliness of work area, keeping spills, grease and debris to an minimum.
14. Performs additional duties and special projects as
needed or directed.
15. Maintenance expenses kept within budget cost of: tires
at .0075 cents per mile and trailer repairs at .0100 cents per mile.
No come backs or road failures within 30 days of service or repair.
17. Indirect labor at 10% or less.
18. Attendance at 99% and only 1 tardy per quarter.
All removed parts are tagged for warranty that are eligible.
20. Does not abuse the 10 minute break and 10 minute wash-up time allocation.
21. Returns uniforms to be cleaned weekly and does not abuse use if shop towels.
Must posses mechanical skills and aptitude for the
Must be able to exhibit skills and knowledge through company pre employment exam. Must be able to read and write English language and have some computer skills.
Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds and be able to stand for long hours. Must be able to work various shifts and days. Must be able to work in all types of climates including extreme hot and cold.
Marten Transport is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status or disability.