Trade Finance Specialist
New York , NY 10010
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Its an exciting time to be joining the Roland Foods!
The Trade Finance Specialist will be a key member of the promotional spend and finance functions within the Credit team. The Credit team is composed of the collections, deductions, and trade finance functions. The trade finance team is responsible for the proper processing, accounting, and financial analysis for the many promotional marketing, rebate, and national account deviated price programs created by the Business Development and Sales Teams.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate validation and processing of customer pricing billbacks
- Actively engage Sales and Business Development teams to ensure proper controllership for customer program contracts and related documents
- Assisting in the creation of customer billback accruals and in posting the payments of promotional monies to the applicable customer account
- Collaborate with the deductions team by issuing credit memos for contracted and valid deductions
- Take ownership and provide financial analysis of Contra Sales to assigned Customer Accounts
- Ability to identify, report, and present trends in a customers billbacks
- Respond to customer inquiries
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, flexible team environment
- Demonstrated self-starter
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple assignments and responsibilities
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Organized and analytical mindset
- Cross-functional relationship building
Qualifications & Skills:
- 1 to 3 years of relevant experience in accounting and/or finance
- Strong analytical skills ability to distill and summarize data
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to lead and influence internal stakeholders
- Bachelors degree
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skill preferred
- Proficiency in SQL and Monarch a plus
Roland Foods cultivates, facilitates, and honors relationships that inspire passion and support success in the specialty food industry. Founded in 1934, Roland Foods imports more than 1,500 products from across Asia, South America, Africa, Europe, and the Middle East. At Roland Foods, we believe in the power of food to open minds, spark adventure, and bring diverse people together. We are passionate about food, and dedicated to those who grow, make, serve, and eat it.
To learn more about what we do and how we do it, check out our video by clicking on the link below and scrolling to the bottom of the page.
Roland Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.