Eastex Tower, LLC
Longview , TX 75601
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
EasTex Tower, LLC is actively looking to add new members to our exciting and growing Team. We are currently seeking a Tower Tech I or II. We would prefer experience in Tower Construction, Antenna and Line Installations, Microwave Installations, and Tower Modifications. Successful candidates can look forward to an Energetic, Family Atmosphere in a very prosperous and growing industry.
- Climb various heights on multiple type structures
- Perform installation of antennas, mounts, cable ladders, cable, etc.
- Assist in testing of sites
- Participate in new tower construction
- Perform routine and special circumstance tower maintenance
- Assist in trouble shooting a variety of electronic components from cell/microwave sites to lighting systems
- Recognize safety hazards and perform all duties in a safe manner
- Maintain a professional working attitude with co-workers and customers
- Continue industry education and knowledge on an ongoing basis
- Uphold quality workmanship surpassing industry standards
- Must have reliable transportation to and from office location
- Must be willing to travel and be able to work within a non-structured schedule, i.e., long hours, weekends, etc.
- Self-Motivated and able to learn efficiently
- Team oriented
Level 1 tower techs do not have any supervisory responsibility. Level 2 tower techs are expected to mentor and train level 1 techs.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The physical demands and work environment described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequent work in adverse weather conditions
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, sit, and climb ladders and communication towers and work in an elevated position that is +/- 500 feet.
- Use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms.
- On a constant basis, employee must lift, carry, and maneuver heavy or awkward objects weighing 50lbs or more.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Daily travel within the Company’s geographical footprint and possible extended stays at external destinations. Travel time can be anywhere from three to six weeks at a time, with appropriate breaks.
- Frequently required to use hand and power tools
- General tower and fall protection safety knowledge and ability to utilize 100% tie off techniques at all times
- Mechanically inclined
- Electrical/electronics education a plus
- Basic Rigging
- Must have complete knowledge on use and care of basic hand tools and power tools
- Must have valid Driver’s License and the ability to obtain a DOT physical certification. CDL Class A certification a plus.
Job Related Certifications:
- OSHA 10 or 30
- Authorized Climber (Level I)
- Authorized Rescue (Level I)
- Competent Climber (Level II)
- Competent Rescue (Level II)
- First Aid/CPR
- Basic Rigging
- Basic knowledge and understanding of DOT driver qualifications