VIEW JOBS11/1/2018 11:55:32 PM2019-01-30T23:55<p>Tow Atlanta is seeking a roll-back towing driver/operator.<br />
The duties of a tow truck operator include communicating with a dispatcher, driving to the scene of an accident or breakdown, connecting the vehicle to the tow truck, and transporting it back to the customer&#39;s home, service station or junkyard. The driver will be responsible for loading the disabled vehicle onto the tow truck. Depending on the type of tow truck, this may include using a chain, winch, steering locks, and other devices as well as affixing lights onto the towed vehicle. Drivers will interact with customers, speak to them about their automotive problems, potentially diagnosing the cause and providing necessary assistance. As such, a tow truck operator will need to be able to communicate well and will need to have a basic knowledge of cars and automotive parts. Often times, tow truck drivers will perform small repairs on the scene of a breakdown such as changing tires, reconnecting parts, or jump-starting the car. Some familiarity with automotive maintenance and repair may be required, but the majority of it can be learned on the job. The driver will also have to write up daily reports, use tablets/smartphones and computers to record/document all activities &amp; services rendered and accept payments.</p>
<p>Tow Atlanta is seeking professional full-time roll-back Wrecker drivers for day &amp; evening shifts. 4-12 hour shifts (48 hr week schedules). Service area is the City of Atlanta metro area. Salary plus Commission ($10-25 per hour); requires knowledge of roll-back towing procedures without the use of chains/j-hooks (Straps, Skates &amp; tie downs). Must have minimum 3 years of verifiable towing experience, possess DOT Physical Card, have GA DL with clean MVR and no criminal history in last 3 years, and pass random drug screens. Please note that we do not impound so 100% accountability is mandatory. Background checks are conducted&nbsp;for some criminal convictions acceptable, but no DUI&#39;s.<br />
We are an equal opportunity employer.</p>
VIEW JOBS11/16/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-14T00:00Welcome! Delta is the most admired airline and we thank you for your interest in joining our Customer Service team as a Baggage Handler/Ramp Operator!
Delta is known for its legendary, reliable service to its customers, our number one focus is the safety of our passengers while enhancing every aspect of their travel experience. Our award winning employees effectively demonstrate our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Respect, Perseverance, and Service in every aspect of their work. Working at Delta, you will be central in demonstrating that commitment to our customers by making the travel experience as smooth and pleasant as possible. As a member of our ground crew, you will work with an innovative team whose common goal is to ensure that our customer's baggage and cargo arrives safely and on time; a task that can make a huge difference in the customer experience. At Delta, our brand is critical to our continued success. As a Baggage Handler/Ramp Operator, you play a key part in keeping our brand strong by demonstrating strict adherence to uniform compliance, maintaining professionalism, and exhibiting a positive persona inside and outside of work. Additionally, excellent internal and external customer service is another attribute that keeps our Delta brand strong.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Baggage Handler/Ramp Operator, you are required to safely lift, load, unload, and transport baggage, mail, and cargo to and from aircraft, in addition to being responsible for on-time connections by guiding incoming and departing aircrafts from the gate positions. In addition, it is important to safeguard cargo, baggage and mail from damage, loss, and weather. Additional duties include safely driving and operating ground equipment such as tugs, belt loaders, and tow tractors in areas of congestion. Baggage Handlers/Ramp Operators are required to safely operate sophisticated machinery, work comfortably in extremely loud environment and work at height, in addition to several other strenuous, repetitive lifting tasks that will involve placing baggage in aircraft bins and on transport carts. Tasks require use of computers to read, enter information, and operate baggage scanners as well as assist with record keeping and documentation to ensure baggage and cargo are routed correctly to the passenger's destination. You could also work in the bag room which requires repeatedly lifting and loading baggage onto carts and ensuring each bag reaches its destination. Don't forget that Delta employees practice and advocate engaging in safety-conscious behaviors during all activities. It is required to understand the importance of safety and have the ability to be constantly alert in an always changing work environment.
OTHER ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES - PHYSICAL WORK CONDITIONS
You will work primarily outdoors in elements such as extreme heat, cold, rain, ice, wind, and snow. This job requires routinely lifting bags or items weighing up to 50 pounds. This job also requires occasionally lifting bags or items weighing between 50 and 70 pounds. Work tasks include bending, stooping and twisting, standing, and walking. Work tasks are repetitive such as loading and stacking bags in addition to working in confined spaces and on knees for an extended period of time in the aircraft bins.
As a Delta Air Lines Baggage Handler/Ramp Operator, you will work between 600 and 1,400 hours per year.
If you think you have what it takes to work diligently in dynamic and engaging work environment while positively adapting to quick changes, then we would love to welcome you to the Delta team. It is important to be a flexible team player while successfully managing your time, being attentive to your surroundings, making quality and decisions and solving problems while maintaining safety. You will have the opportunity to perform various tasks and demonstrate your passion for customer service, and let's not forget about our "uplifting" flight privileges! Many employees have used this entry level for other opportunities at Delta.
Practices safety conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
To qualify for this position, you must:
* Have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
* Have a valid driver's license
* Be at least 18 years of age
* Pass an extensive post offer pre-employment background check, including finger printing and a criminal history record check required by federal law
* Pass a post offer pre-employment drug test
* Frequently lift bags or items weighing up to and including 50 pounds
* Occasionally lift bags or items weighing between 50 and 70 pounds
* Pass a physical agility test
* Be authorized to work in the US
* Possess basic computer skills
* Have strong verbal communication skills
* Be willing to work a fixed and/or rotating schedule including afternoons, evenings, weekends and holidays
Delta Air Lines, Inc.AtlantaGA
VIEW JOBS9/20/2018 12:00:00 AM2018-12-19T00:00This position is responsible for providing general mechanical and automotive services on Auction property, as well as over-the-road and on-site towing service to disabled customer vehicles in compliance with Auction safety rules and regulations.
* Operates a tow truck to provide tow service to customer vehicles on the MAA parking lot and in different locations as needed.
* Properly affixes tow truck to vehicle needing tow, assuring that the vehicle will not be damaged or cause any danger to others in the towing process. Releases vehicle from the tow truck and assures that vehicle is left in a safe, immobile manner.
* In a safe and courteous manner, hauls vehicles to directed areas.
* Completes the information on every towed vehicle including the place where the vehicle was found and removed.
* Completes towing service slip when required.
* Write condition reports on customer vehicles that are picked up at another location and transported to the Auction.
* Assists employees and customers with towing and jump-starting vehicle battery, as requested via phone or in person.
* As appropriate, assist in unlocking customer vehicles, re-keying and disarming security systems. Aid vehicles broken down in transit.
* Tows vehicles requiring towing service through the lanes on sale days as needed.
* Removes customer and employee vehicles parked incorrectly or in unsafe manner to customer lot as requested.
* Performs routine maintenance on tow truck (i.e., oil changes, lubes, filter changes).
* Operate truck in compliance with safety regulations.
* May assist lot operations when not operating tow truck.
* Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
* Perform other duties as assigned by management.
* May be required to work overtime as business needs dictate.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* 1 – 3 years of experience driving a service/tow truck or rollback truck required.
* Valid driver's license and safe driving record required.
* Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
* Ability to walk long distances.
* Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
* Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
* Ability to lift 1-30 pounds.
* Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Frequent exposure to outdoor weather conditions. Moderate noise level. Occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts and electrical shock hazards.