JOB TITLE: Therapist
PROJECT: The Sanctuary at Impact Life Farm
SITE: Impact Life Farm
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Therapist is primarily responsible for clients attending the Sanctuary Program. The Sanctuary program provides an array of treatment, educational, early intervention, prevention and recovery support services to residents. The Therapist is responsible for providing quality, sufficient and appropriate services and for maintaining high professional standards. Primarily office setting. Minimal local travel as needed.
1. Diagnose and treat substance use and mental health disorders.
2. Facilitate sessions with individuals, groups, or families.
3. Refer clients to specialists if necessary.
4. Create a treatment plan based on each client's needs.
5. Monitor client progress during treatment.
6. Maintain confidentiality of records relating to clients' treatment
7. Gather information about community substance use and mental health needs and resources that could be used in conjunction with therapy
8. Plan outreach and referral activities in surrounding communities
9. Plan and conduct programs to prevent substance use or improve community health and counseling services
10. Assess clients' mental condition based on review of client information, interviews, observation, tests, and collaboration with other staff members
11. Serve as a client advocate to coordinate required services or to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations
12. Develop and implement treatment plans based on clinical experience and knowledge
13. Conduct initial family assessments and refer patients, clients, or family members to community resources or to specialists as necessary
The Therapist reports directly to and is supervised by Clinical Director.
This is a salaried day shift position with occasional evening and weekend hours on-call.
SKILLS and KNOWLEDGE:
Education, Experience and Certification:
a) Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Masters degree in Social Work, Marriage and Family Counseling, Clinical Mental Health Counseling or related field with 3 years experience in the Behavioral Health Field
b) A Clinical License such as an LMFT, LCSW, or LPC
Medical, Dental, and Vision