Williams Scotsman, Inc., headquartered in historic Fell's Point, Baltimore, MD, is a leading provider of space solutions for the construction, education, energy, industrial, commercial/retail, healthcare, and government markets. We serve approximately 50,000 customers with space solution needs each day, through a network of 100+ branch locations throughout North America.
Our legacy is rooted in product innovation and a reputation for exceptional customer service, effective management of business operations, and the ability to attract and retain the industry's most talented staff and management team. Furthermore, our values of Collaboration, Excellence, Empowerment and innovation continue to guide us towards not only achieving our true potential, but also creating a work environment which is inclusive and allows every person to thrive here at WS!
The Territory Sales Manager will have several responsibilities including prospecting, developing, and growing new customer relationships within a defined geography. Territory Sales Managers will need effective account management skills in order to expand relationships and revenue generated by existing customers, including strategic accounts. Territory Sales Managers must provide space solutions to our customers that support Williams Scotsman's transition from a provider of temporary space to a complete solutions provider.
In addition to the above, an ability to develop innovative proposals and deliver strategic sales presentations to customers is a must. This activity will ensure the successful achievement of assigned commercial goals and KPI's.
1.Conduct prospecting calls and meetings with potential new customers identified through means such as leads delivered through Salesforce.com, referrals, local media, etc.
2.Develop relationships with new customers who have the ability to do significant business with Williams Scotsman, and win back business from past customers who have decreased their business with Williams Scotsman.
3.Effectively communicate Williams Scotsman's value proposition to customers.
4.Develop and maintain a working relationship with the Sales Support Center to maximize Units On Rent (UOR) growth.
5.Grow sales of 360 Service offerings (e.g., furniture, steps/ ramps, and other products and services that are ancillary to the unit) in addition to other potential new initiatives.
6.Account Management; expand relationships and revenue generated from existing customers, including Strategic Accounts, within a defined geography.
7.Identify top accounts in one's territory, build and maintain written account plans focused on expanding relationships with each customer, and execute against the plans. Include additional Williams Scotsman resources as needed to execute the account plans.
8.Develop, implement and manage account plans with assigned Strategic Accounts, which are consistent with department and company objectives. Build and maintain a strong and effective relationship with the customer and company to maximize pipeline transparency, profitability and growth. Focus on high value sales activities, account management and execute a clear and concise local strategy.
9.Maintain and increase Williams Scotsman's visibility within assigned territory.
10. Have a clear understanding of each customer's buying process, hierarchy, needs, and key decision makers. Ensure that Williams Scotsman's is on each customer's preferred vendor list.
11. When issues arise with customers, bring in the appropriate support (e.g., operations) to ensure timely and effective resolution of such issues.
12. Consistent and ongoing utilization of the company's Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, Salesforce.com (SFDC). Utilize SFDC to manage their business keeping the system up to date accurately reflecting the sales pipeline and other ongoing activities.
13. Use consultative selling skills to understand our customers' needs and offer the appropriate space solutions.
14. Understand Williams Scotsman's 360 Service offering, and proactively sell the 360 Service offerings to all customers.
15. Proactively communicate ideas for additional 360 Service offerings to Commercial leadership.
16. Know the key KPIs and one's own goals. Continuously review and evaluate progress towards KPIs and commercial goals. Adjust actions as needed to exceed expectations.
17. Create and effectively deliver professional quality presentation materials that accurately outline the proposal highlight and clearly define Williams Scotsman as best in class.
18. Leverage available resources to demonstrate Williams Scotsman's core values and strengths to position Williams Scotsman as the industry leader.
Job experience & skills requirements
1.3-5 years minimum of successful sales and account management experience. B2B sales, consultative selling, and solution selling experiences are pluses.
2.Knowledge of how to prepare and present professional presentations and proposals.
3.Experience in negotiating contracts with customers.
4.Proven measurable past success e.g., track record of increasing sales responsibilities, past award winner, etc.
5.General knowledge of the construction process and site services is a plus.
6.Bachelor's degree preferred.
1.Goal oriented, has a strategic mind set, and plans proactively for all meetings and activities.
2.Self-motivated with high level of drive, energy, persistence and initiative. Is proactive, committed, has high standards, is achievement oriented, and does what it takes to get job done.
3.Is passionate about understanding customers' needs and working with customers in a consultative manner to meet and exceed their needs and expectations.
4.Strong networker and prospector with creativity and marketing acumen that is used to build relationships with new customers and to expand relationships with existing customers.
5.Team player with strong interpersonal and collaboration skills. Can effectively work across functions and layers of an organization.
6.Ability to understand the nuances of complex projects and to manage projects from start to finish, while maintaining margins.
7.Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
8.Well organized and can multi-task effectively.
Compensation & Benefits Information
Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
401(k) Program with Company Match
Paid Vacation, Holidays & Sick Days
Employee Assistance Program
Employee Referral Program
Williams Scotsman, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information on Williams Scotsman, Inc., see our website at www.willscot.com.
Job requisition number