Temp Installation Service Technician-Northern California
Development Group, Inc.
Redding , CA 96002
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Installation Services Technician, Temporary Role (Possible advancement to FT)
Location: Northern California including the Bay Area, Fresno, Santa Cruz and more.
The Temporary Field Installation Service Technician is responsible for assisting in installing products at our clients sites. Field Installation Technicans will be working with a DGI employee at a client site and may include traveling with the DGI employee to the client site. The Field Install Service Tech may require travel, at times overnight (DGI will pay for lodging and per diem). We are looking for Technicians that can serve the Bay Area, Fresno area, Santa Cruz and Northern California and will try our best to keep you as close to your home area, but cannot make guarantees. This is a great job to get your foot in the door to an amazing career in IT.
Essential Position Functions
- Install and/or removal of equipment in accordance with standard operating procedures and company best practices.
- Unbox, stage equipment for pre-installation configuration and testing, re-box and prepare for outbound shipment -
- Document and track installed equipment through IST documentation tools and standards.
- Maintain accountability and readiness of all tools and equipment.
- Maintain a clean job site; pick up all tools and equipment; secure job site each day to eliminate potential hazards.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- There are no minimum educational requirements to be an Installation Services Technician, however a High School Diploma is recommended.
- High school classes in general shop, welding, mechanical drawing, blueprint reading, physics and mathematics are preferred.
- Prior installation or construction experience recommended.
- Must have physical strength, hand-eye coordination, and endurance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace which is English.
- Proficient with computer systems such as Microsoft Office, word processing, email, usage of the internet, etc.
- Installation Services Technicians must be able to concentrate on their tasks with high attention to detail.
- Strong documentation skills to be utilized for case management and knowledge capture.
- Communicate and work effectively with staff in all levels of the organization to drive product development using industry experience and customer feedback.
- Complete required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame; driven to attain relevant certifications
- The ability to travel approximately 75% of the time is needed. This position frequently requires long hours, weekend work, out-of-the-area, and overnight travel.
- Ability to respond to inbound non-technical support inquiries from internal staff, customers and business partners; effectively articulate necessary technical and non-technical information to customers in a simple and concise manner in person, over the telephone or via e-mail.
- Ability to follow all safety protocols and notify supervisor of safety concerns.
- Most tasks are performed in a team environment with coworkers acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision so strong initiative is a must.
- Must be organized and analytical with attention to detail and accuracy of work product; able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
- Ability to perform administrative tasks (reports, expense reports, etc.).
- Must maintain professional demeanor in any given situation.
- These tasks can include mounting of interior and exterior housings/ or weather proof enclosures; requiring the use of drill bits, tape measures, and hand levels, while on ladders.
Pay Range: $15/Hr as a starting wage for all Temp Install Technicians. Negotiable based upon experience.
Other Notes: You will be working with our valued clients and do need to be presentable and have clean clothes, and footwear for climbing ladders.
This is a great position to start your career in the IT Industry. If successful in this position, we offer many great career pathways with reimburseable education expenses. We are looking for driven, trustworthy and reliable team members.