South State Bank
Saint George , SC 29477
Posted 7 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
A Teller / FSR has the responsibility to take ownership of all tasks and challenges that they encounter in the operation of their assigned position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Serves customers quickly, accurately, efficiently and confidentially according to the South State Bank Service Standards.
Knows and understand the products and services offered by the Bank. These include facts and features, benefits and advantages, rules and regulations, price structure, and a simple definition of each service offered.
Able to identify customer needs and expectations by listening for clues. Seeks the opportunity to expand customer relationships by making referrals as outlined in the goals for this position.
Presents a neat and professional personal appearance, in accordance with bank policy.
Knows and ensures compliance to all banking regulations to include Regulation CC and Bank Secrecy Act.
Perform the following teller duties:
1.Processes transactions for savings, checking, and loan accounts.
2.Maintains a neat and orderly work area.
3.May assist in guiding and training new tellers.
4.May allow customers access to safe deposit boxes.
5.Cashes checks and processes savings withdrawals within assigned limits and in accordance with prescribed procedures.
6.Sells certified checks.
7.Balances transactions on a daily basis.
8.May service/balance ATM.
9.May utilize the branch capture system.
- Knows and follows policies and procedures in completing transactions, minimizing operational errors and maintaining a proper work flow.
- Knows and follows the branch's security and audit procedures and understands the function and operation of the security devices.
- Assures that branch records, reports and other correspondence resulting from customer development attempts are correct, timely and are properly distributed.
- Performs all functions of a FSR:
1.Open new deposit accounts and understands the products and financial services offered by the bank. Also handles other services such as stop payments, wire transfers, and other maintenance functions within assigned limits.
2.Explains policies and procedures as necessary, keeping in mind most customers' unfamiliarity with them.
3.Resolves customer problems and complaints with courtesy and discretion and direction and directs customers with difficult problems to other sources for assistance. Considers problems and complaints as opportunities to satisfy the customer and promote additionalservices.
4.Is knowledgeable of financial services offered by the bank.
5.Shows sincere appreciation for each customer's time and business. Gives business card if not already given.
6.Handles other services, such as stop payments, wire transfers, etc.
7.Knows and follows the branch's security and audit procedures and understands the function and operation of the security devices.
8.Assures that branch records, reports and other correspondence resulting from customer development attempts are correct, timely and are properly distributed.
TELLER / FSR FUNCTIONS:
- Typically, 80% of the Teller / FSR's time will be spent performing teller responsibilities. The remaining 20% of time will be spent performing FSR related tasks.
- Accepts other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Education: High School Diploma
Experience: Cash Handling, Sales, Customer Service; Previous banking experience preferred
Good interpersonal skills, good computer skills, ability to read, write, speak and understand English
Complete Teller School
Complete FSR School
Product Knowledge, Sales 101, PC Navigator, Level II Word, Excel, PowerPoint classes.
- Annual Regulatory Compliance training
- New Employee Orientation, Product Knowledge Class, PC Navigator, Sales 101, Sales 201, as well as continual update of processes and teller system.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, must be able to stand and/or sit for long periods of time. Must be able to effectively access and interpret information on computer screens, documents, reports, and cash denominations, and identify customers.
This position does not require travel.
- Notice: South State Bank is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to protected groups including veterans and disabled individuals. Please view the Equal Employment Opportunity Postershere and Pay Transparency Policy here.
Apply On-lineSend This Job to a Friend