A Telecommunications Specialist (A), Intermediate (VoIP), serves at the Regional Network Enterprise Center National Capital Region (RNEC-Client), in support of Unified Capabilities to include Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and Voice over Secret Internet Protocol (VoSIP) or Enterprise Classified Voice over Internet Protocol (ECVoIP) devices. SECRET CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED.
The VoIP Specialist will support the design and configuration of user facility IT infrastructure to support voice and video. This includes layers 1 through 7 of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) Basic Reference Model for common user voice/video networks or layers 1 through 4 of the OSI Basic Reference Model. Telecommunications infrastructure includes fiber and Ethernet cabling up to the user desktop. Support for the design of the future network and telecommunications requirements includes telecommunications rooms (TR), network switches, servers, SANs, cable management systems and other network enhancements.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The VoIPSpecialistpossesses knowledge of, and skill in applying:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- The utilization of Cisco Prime Collaboration Assurance and Cisco Prime Collaboration Provisioning to troubleshoot and configure CUCM equipment.
- Provided 1st, tier support to Users Globally utilizing Cisco Call Manager 10.5.2 - 11.5, Cisco Unity 10.5.2 11.5, Avaya CM 4.0 and Avaya CM 6.0.
- Managed and Maintained Analog fax lines, Voicemails, Auto Attendants, Phone setup, and Alarms/Alerts.
- Provisioned and Supported Existing infrastructure of Cisco and Avaya Voice system.
- Update and close tickets. Documentation on tickets and track issues to completion in remedy and TMS.
- Provisioning of phone and user profiles, speed dials, name changes with CUCM, and voicemail on Unity Connection.
- Reviewed and validated understanding of customer design requirements as well as recommended process changes.
- Managed day-to-day client and internal service requests and documented all services performed.
- Maintain support documentation including support guides, knowledge base articles, procedures, and online customer information.
- Ability to complete complex projects and installations successfully within aggressive time frames and budget.
- Installation, configure and testing of VoIP stations (Jabber Client) on user desktops off of the Cisco CUCM.
- Analyze Problems with Telephony and Data Network equipment
- Programming of the IP telephones (Cisco IP 88XX, 7965, 7971, VIPER, Avaya 9621, 9641, 1120, and 1140) and connectivity to LAN network.
- Perform duties within Quality Assurance programs and customer survey process improvement programs.
- Participate in projects ranging from expansion of a single line card or trunk.
- Analyzes the current telephone and network infrastructure and identify gaps that would prevent the successful migration from the legacy voice system to a VoIP centric system.
- Maintains and administers network infrastructure standards, documentation and fault tolerance.
- Perform telecommunications services for conferences and special events.
- Validates and coordinates all scheduled maintenance on Transport System.
- Perform/support Transport Services integration testing as required.
- Provide advice and technical guidance to installation systems personnel on automated data telecommunications systems, equipment procedures, and techniques.
- High-school diploma or educational equivalent required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Systems, or other related scientific or technical discipline is preferred.
- Diploma from a technical or vocational school, work experience or industry certifications demonstrating technical proficiency may be substituted for education requirements.
- Must have one (1) to three (3) years of experience providing development, coordination, and implementation of telecommunications requirements.
Candidate must possess the following certifications in order to meet the DoD Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II Information Assurance (IA) Requirement:
Applicant must have and maintain at least one of the following Information Assurance (IA) certifications prior to beginning employment:
CompTIA, Security+ CE (Desired)
CISCO, Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA-Security)
GIAC, Security Essentials Certification: (GSEC)
ISC2, System Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)