Technician II - Pharmacy: Pharmacy
Memorial Healthcare System
Hollywood , FL 33081
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Provides distributive pharmacy services and support for the pharmacy department. Serves as trainer and mentor for other Technicians and students and assists to ensure proper drug storage and maintenance to meet regulatory compliance.
Performs cross functional duties of Technician I.
Performs sterile compounding, including limited hazardous medications.
Competencies and skills:
- STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
- RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
- MEDICATION SAFETY: Utilizes processes and techniques to promote medication safety.
- PHARMACY AUTOMATION SYSTEMS AND EQUIPMENT: Maintains and supports pharmacy automation, information systems, and related equipment.
- PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal customers"
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: One (1) year of experience as a Pharmacy Technician.
- Bending and Stooping 80.00%
- Climbing 40.00%
- Keyboard Entry 80.00%
- Kneeling 40.00%
- Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 100.00%
- Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs
- 75 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
- Lifting or Carrying > 75 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
- Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 100.00%
- Pushing or Pulling 26
- 75 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
- Pushing or Pulling > 75 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
- Reaching 80.00%
- Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 80.00%
- Running 60.00%
- Sitting 80.00%
- Standing 80.00%
- Walking 80.00%
- Audible Speech 80.00%
- Hearing Acuity 80.00%
- Smelling Acuity 60.00%
- Taste Discrimination 40.00%
- Depth Perception 80.00%
- Distinguish Color 80.00%
- Bio hazardous Waste 40.00%
- Biological Hazards
- Blood and/or Bodily Fluids 40.00%
- Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens 40.00%
- Asbestos 40.00%
- Cytotoxic Chemicals 80.00%
- Dust 80.00%
- Gas/Vapors/Fumes 60.00%
- Hazardous Chemicals 80.00%
- Hazardous Medication 80.00%
- Latex 100.00%
- Computer Monitor 80.00%
- Domestic Animals 40.00%
- Fire Risk 40.00%
- Hazardous Noise 60.00%
- Laser/High Intensity Lights 60.00%
- Moving Mechanical Parts 80.00%
- Needles/Sharp Objects 80.00%
- Potential Electric Shock 40.00%
- Wet or Slippery Surfaces 60.00%
Since the opening of the one-story, 100-bed Memorial Hospital in 1953, the South Florida community has benefited from caring and compassionate healthcare at Memorial Regional Hospital. Today, with 553 beds and as the flagship facility of Memorial Healthcare System, Memorial Regional Hospital is one of Florida's largest and most sophisticated hospitals, offering leading-edge care and technologies. Services include:
Medical and Surgical Services
Emergency Room and Level I Trauma Center
Memorial Cancer Institute
Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
Memorial Neuroscience Institute
The Family Birthplace
Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
We are also home to a team of dedicated professionals, all of whom deliver nationally recognized, award-winning care. Memorial Regional Hospital has received Press Ganey's Guardian of Excellence Award for Patient Satisfaction (Inpatient Behavioral Health) for three consecutive years, has been recognized by Truven Health Analytics as one of the nation's 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals, and for the last seven years has received the Gold Plus Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.