Vision Point Systems, Inc.
Jacksonville , NC 28540
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The mission of the Corrosion Service Team (CST) is to provide organizational level Corrosion Prevention and Control (CPAC) services. Corrosion Service Team tasks include but are not limited to assessing, categorizing, and servicing equipment, to include surface preparation and touch-up painting, and the application of corrosion prevention compounds (CPCs) to ground combat, and support equipment identified using the Marine Corps Corrosion Assessment Checklist (CPAC-CAC) as a baseline. Each Service Technician must have a working knowledge of all procedures, responsibilities, and billets within the CST.
CPAC Service Technicians must have the ability to explain and/or perform the following:
- Applicable safety procedures, including the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Operation of Corrosion Prevention Compound (CPC) application equipment to include compressors, application guns, grinders, vacuums, etc.
- Application of CPCs on various types of ground combat and support equipment as directed.
- Marine Corps Corrosion Category Codes 1-5, the 4 stages of corrosion, and the correlation between category codes and stages of corrosion.
- Perform equipment corrosion assessments using a paper copy of the Marine Corps CPAC Program Corrosion Assessment Checklist (CAC).
- Perform equipment corrosion assessments using the electronic PDA version of the CAC.
- Perform surface preparation and touch-up procedures on ground combat and support equipment.
- Must have an Associates Degree; or a High School Diploma and two (2) years technical or professional experience related to equipment maintenance.
- A valid drivers license is required.
- A military background is preferred.
- Service Technicians will require completion of a CPAC Program defined training plan within an established timeline, and afterward will require certification. Completion of the on-line Defense Acquisition University (DAU), Continuous Learning Module (CLM) entitled: Corrosion Prevention and Control Overview (CLM 038) is required prior to the first recertification of all employees, and within 12 months of employment.
- Occasional overnight travel may be required.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to safely climb on military equipment at varying height off the ground.
- Must be able to work under varying temperatures and conditions (hot, cold, rain, etc...).
- Working conditions will require wearing company provided safety gear such as safety goggles, safety boots, and respirator equipment.
- Employees are typically required to wear either a dust mask or fitted respirator face mask (depending upon task being performed) during normal work operations. This includes workers when applying Corrosion Preventive Compounds (CPCs), and workers when performing Surface
- Preparation and Touch-Up Paint procedures.
Service Technicians will be required to complete the CPAC Program defined training plan within an established timeline, and afterward will require certification. Completion of the on-line Defense Acquisition University (DAU), Continuous Learning Module (CLM) entitled: Corrosion Prevention and Control Overview (CLM 038) is required prior to the first recertification of all employees, and within 12 months of employment.
Full time employees with Vision Point Systems qualify for a generous benefits plan to include medical, dental, 1x your salary in life insurance, and short and long term disability. VPS also offers 401k participation and matching.Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.