Encompasses the application of various scientific principles from multiple engineering disciplines such as chemical, electrical, electronic, and mechanical, involving structures, machines, apparatus, or manufacturing processes.
Provides engineering support for job classifications that engage in research and/or product development encompassing one or more engineering disciplines within the Engineering/Manufacturing job family.
Requires moderate understanding of the general aspects of the job and a familiarity with terminology and procedures.
Follows previously defined procedures.
Proposes and implements basic solutions to routine problems.
Refers atypical or complex problems to others.
Works under close site supervision.
Provided instructions for routine work.
Recommends actions to improve efficiency.
Able to perform duties within prescribed timeframes and maintain confidentiality.
Contacts are primarily within the immediate work group.
VIEW JOBS1/11/2021 12:00:00 AM2021-04-11T00:00Medline's ReNewal Division is hiring for a Field Services Technician in the general Corning, NY area! Medline ReNewal gets used medical devices and reprocesses them resulting in less waste in landfills and savings to facilities that buy reprocessed devices at a fraction of the original cost. Check out our video on YouTube to learn more about who we are! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsdpSjd1fYs
Under the supervision of the Regional Manager and working in Corning, NY and the surrounding areas, the Field Services Technician (30 hours per week) is responsible for the on-going support of the Medline ReNewal Reprocessing Program to pack and ship designated medical devices as well as execute any other tasks as agreed to with the facility. This individual will deliver prompt and excellent service to maintain and grow the program through job functions which include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Establish and follow a regular schedule to visit the assigned facility in order to collect devices in the designated containers;
* Coordinate the packing of devices in Medline ReNewal shipping containers (employing proper techniques to ensure safe shipment of product);
* Arrange for shipment of collection containers in a timely manner;
* Update the Medline ReNewal Collection Container Locations sheet to provide an accurate record of where all containers have been placed throughout the facility;
* Provide support to in-service sessions as directed by the assigned Account Manager;
* Make regular rounds throughout the facility; initially to introduce self and Medline ReNewal, and eventually to help answer questions and share any staff concerns with the assigned Account Manager;
* 100% local travel in Corning, NY and surrounding areas
* Ensure program supplies remain stocked for use; distribute program collateral throughout the facility as directed by the assigned Account Manager.
* High School Diploma (GED) preferred
* Residence in or near the general Corning, NY area
* Able to travel locally 100% of the time in the local and surrounding areas
* Ability to regularly lift at least 30 pounds as a regular part of daily tasks
* A current valid driver's license, vehicle insurance, clean driving record and ability to travel in own vehicle to designated facility
* Ability to begin work at an early hour (i.e. 6AM) to align with the schedules of facility staff members
* Able to be credentialed at the highest level in order to gain admittance to all required rooms within each designated facility
* Good communication skills; especially on a verbal level
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail to complete work tasks in a thorough manner
* Self-initiative and dependability to reliably perform the job in an independent setting
Medline Industries, Inc.CorningNY
VIEW JOBS1/6/2021 12:00:00 AM2021-04-06T00:00Requisition Number: 43524
Corning is one of the world's leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people's lives.
At Corning, our growth is fueled by a commitment to innovation. We succeed through sustained investment in research & development, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges. We are a four-time National Medal of Technology winner thanks to our technology leadership and R&D environment, which attract and enable the best scientific minds in the world. This pipeline of talent has brought life-changing innovation to your fingertips for more than 160 years.
Scope of Position (i.e. projects involved with and role within group):
This position is the primary technician responsible for the CSM Gorilla Glass Optical Metrology Lab. This lab not only supports Gorilla Glass programs, but also is deeply involved in other programs in Corning. In this role, you will assist in setup, start-up, and evaluation of new measurement tools. You will also have lab management responsibilities and implement/maintain 5S safety in the lab. The position requires strong technical curiosity and problem-solving skills related to both off-the-shelf and internally developed measurement process equipment and materials, a desire for technical leadership, and a process and safety mindset.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
* Ongoing daily measurements in the lab, conducted on a variety of equipment, and documentation of results
* Provide rigorous controls and troubleshooting to establish and maintain high-quality measurements, perform bench performance evaluations such as GR&Rs and round robins, and maintaining ongoing run charts
* Coordination, logistics, and documentation of multi-step experiments
* Develop and manage documentation and SOPs in support of new measurement system developments
* Individual and team interactions on safety, maintenance, and project objectives
* Interaction with other corporate laboratories when additional capabilities are required
Travel Requirements (please note if international):
* Minimal, but occasional domestic and/or international travel is possible
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
* 40 hrs./wk.; standard business hours with some flexibility
Education and Experience (minimum required for consideration)
* Associates in optical, mechanical, electrical, or related
* Three or more years of experience with optics, opto-electronics and/or metrology responsibilities
* Hands-on experience with operating, maintaining, and debugging complex metrology, optical, or mechanical equipment
* Careful attention to detail
* Organization and tracking of complex experiments and sample processing
* Perform data analysis and provide clear, concise summaries
* Works independently
* Ability to work with a complex, changing set of requirements
* Good documentation skills and experience with Excel and Word
* Lab safety procedures and practice
* Ability to work with a diverse, fast-moving team
* Experience in Excel for graphical presentation and data analysis
* Experience with optical or opto-electronic devices
* Experience with SolidWorks and/or MATLAB
* Good oral communications
* Database utilization
* Capable of designing fixtures and experimental equipment
Soft Skills (Communication/Team/Leadership)
* Dedication to business objectives
* Aptitude for success in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Nearest Major Market: Corning
VIEW JOBS12/16/2020 12:00:00 AM2021-03-16T00:00Overview
Our pharmacy technician positions have undergone an exciting transformation, moving from a transaction-based environment to a much more patient-centric one. As a Walgreens pharmacy technician, you'll be front and center - interacting with our customers and developing strong patient relationships. Pharmacy is the core of our business, and our pharmacy technicians enjoy all the tools and support - including the latest technology - to grow their careers and reach their goals.
* Level: Mid-Level
* Travel: 0-25%
Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans are available to employees for themselves and their dependents.
* Prescription coverage
The Walgreens Prescription Drug Plan is designed to help make the cost of prescription medications more affordable for our Walgreens employees and their families.
* Retirement planning/saving
Profit-Sharing and Employee Stock Purchase Programs help employees secure their financial future and reach their retirement savings goals.
* Employee discount
Walgreens employees and their immediate families are entitled to a 15% discount on most purchases at any Walgreens Store and 25% on Walgreens brand products.
* Work & life resources
An integrated employee assistance and work/life program available to all team members and eligible family members.
* Career development programs
Robust career development includes e-learning programs, classroom career development and mentoring.
Our pharmacy technician positions have undergone an exciting transformation, moving from a transaction-based environment to a much more patient-centric one. As a Walgreens Pharmacy Technician or Pharmacy Technician Apprentice, you'll be front and center - interacting with our customers and developing strong patient relationships. Pharmacy is the core of our business, and our pharmacy technicians enjoy all the tools and support - including the latest technology - to grow their careers and reach their goals.
Walgreens is proud to invest & champion an "earn while you learn" Pharmacy Technician Training Program recognized by ASHP & Department of Labor. This apprenticeship program gives you an entry point to a career in health care by guiding you in taking steps towards becoming a Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Certified Pharmacy Technician and helping you maintain the high level of skill required in the pharmacy care industry. Arming you with a nationally recognized, portable credential that will help you advance your career.
Whether you are new to working in pharmacies or are an experienced Pharmacy Technician Apply Now! Walgreens will train you to use your skills and talents to serve and care for our patients and customers. The courses, learning activities, and resources provided to you in our pharmacy technician training program are designed to give you foundational and advanced knowledge, skills, and on-the-job experiences you need to prepare to become a certified pharmacy technician.
* In accordance with state and federal regulations, assists the pharmacist, under direct supervision, in the practice of pharmacy. Assists the pharmacist in the performance of other Pharmacy Department duties in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
* Responsible for using pharmacy systems to obtain patient and drug information and process prescriptions. If PTCB certified, assists with and coaches pharmacy technicians in the operation of pharmacy systems and cashiers in the operation of the pharmacy cash registers.
* Models and delivers a distinctive and delightful customer experience.
* Engages customers and patients by greeting them and offering assistance with products and services. Resolves customer issues and answers questions to ensure a positive customer experience.
* Models and shares customer service best practices with all team members to deliver a distinctive and delightful customer experience, including interpersonal habits (e.g., greeting, eye contact, courtesy, etc.) and Walgreens service traits (e.g., offering help proactively, identifying needs, servicing until satisfied, etc.).
* Develops strong relationships with most valuable customers.
* Under the supervision by the pharmacist, assist in the practice of pharmacy, in accordance with state, federal, and company policy. Reviews and complies with the Walgreen Co. Pharmacy Code of Conduct.
* Performs duties as assigned by Pharmacy Manager, Staff Pharmacist and Store Manager including utilizing pharmacy systems to enter patient and drug information, ensuring information is entered correctly, filling prescriptions by retrieving, counting and pouring pharmaceutical drugs, verifying medicine is correct, and checking for possible interactions. Assists pharmacists in scheduling and maintaining work flow.
* Reports, immediately, prescription errors to pharmacist on duty and adheres to Company policies and procedures in relation to pharmacy errors and the Quality Improvement Program.
* Strictly adheres to the Walgreen Co. policy regarding Good Faith Dispensing during all applicable prescription dispensing activities.
* Responsible and accountable for registering all related sales on assigned cash register, collects and handles cash as required. Takes customer to OTC aisle when possible to assist in locating products.
* Handles telephone calls that do not require personal attention of the pharmacist, including those to physicians.
* Processes (corrects and resubmits) manual claims for third party program prescription services in a timely and efficient manner, and performs other clerical duties, as assigned by the Pharmacy Manager.
* Assists and supports Pharmacy Department on inventory management activities, such as, ordering, unpacking, checking and storing shipment of pharmaceuticals. Maintains knowledge of Company asset protection techniques, and files claims for warehouse overages (merchandise received, but not billed), shortages (merchandise billed, but not received), order errors or damaged goods involving Rx drugs.
* May assist pharmacist in administering clinical services including the collection and proper labeling of blood/urine samples from patients and other clinical services as required; assists pharmacy staff in coordination of clinical services, Walgreens healthcare clinics and external providers.
* Assists Pharmacy Manager and Staff Pharmacist in developing and maintaining good relationships with the local medical community, including physicians, nurses, and other health care providers, by medical provider detailing and outreach to health groups, retirement homes, nursing homes, and other forums for enhancing growth opportunities.
* Assists with exterior and interior maintenance by ensuring the Pharmacy Department is stocked with adequate supplies, clean, neat and orderly in condition and appearance.
* Complies with all company policies and procedures; maintains respectful relationships with coworkers.
* Completes special assignments and other tasks as assigned.
Training & Personal Development
* Earns and maintains PTCB certification through the designated PTCB training program and/or state required certification/registration. Otherwise, earns PTCB certification as condition of promotion to senior technician.
* Attends training and completes PPLs requested by Manager and acquires continuing education credits. Maintains knowledge and skill in healthcare and pharmacy, including latest news and developments.
* Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English. (Except in Puerto Rico)
* Requires willingness to work flexible schedule, including evening and weekend hours.
* Prefer six months of experience in a retail environment.
* Prefer to have prior work experience with Walgreens.
* Prefer good math skills so they can fill prescriptions accurately, including counting, measuring and weighing medications.
* Prefer good computer skills.
* Prefer the knowledge of store inventory control.
* Prefer PTCB certification.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
DISCLAIMER : The names and logos of the companies referred throughout this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.