Encompasses the application of various scientific principles from multiple engineering disciplines such as chemical, electrical, electronic, and mechanical, involving structures, machines, apparatus, or manufacturing processes.
Provides engineering support for job classifications that engage in research and/or product development encompassing one or more engineering disciplines within the Engineering/Manufacturing job family.
Requires moderate understanding of the general aspects of the job and a familiarity with terminology and procedures.
Follows previously defined procedures.
Proposes and implements basic solutions to routine problems.
Refers atypical or complex problems to others.
Works under close site supervision.
Provided instructions for routine work.
Recommends actions to improve efficiency.
Able to perform duties within prescribed timeframes and maintain confidentiality.
Contacts are primarily within the immediate work group.
This is a contract position.
Location: USA - NY - Corning
Duration of contract: 1 Year
Education/ Experience: AAS Desired, Experience: 0-3 Years
VIEW JOBS1/13/2021 12:00:00 AM2021-04-13T00:00Monro, Inc.
Monro, Inc. is one of the nation's largest auto service companies and major tire retailer. We own and operate more than 1,200 stores in 32 states and our stock trades on the Nasdaq (MNRO). The Monro family of brands includes some the most recognizable names in the industry-Monro Auto Service and Tire Centers, Mr. Tire, Tire Choice, amongst many more regional chains. Our dominance is driven by teammates who strive to provide a five-star experience and deliver consistent value to our guests and shareholders. At Monro, we understand that a 5-star guest experience begins with a 5-star teammate experience. In fact, we're currently investing more than $100 million in store improvements, new technology, and career development through our own Monro University training platform.
Destination Monro - Your Career is Here!
Do you have what it takes to shape a better future for yourself and the automotive service industry? Our vision is to be America's leading auto and tire centers, trusted by consumers as the best place in our neighborhoods for quality automotive maintenance and repairs. We're looking for motivated individuals at every stage in their career who share our vision. Positions are available in our retail locations across our many brands, in field management, and in store operations at our Store Support Center in Rochester, New York. If you like helping others, as much as you like working on cars; if you enjoy being part of a team, solving problems, and building guest relationships; if you value honesty and integrity - we have a Destination for you at Monro. Contact us to learn more. Destination Monro! - Your career is here.
Responsible for the efficient, diagnosis, repair and maintenance of Guest's vehicles, the Automotive Technician position is a great way to start your career at Monro. Starting day 1 you will begin a comprehensive Technician training program, covering all aspects of your new role, while preparing you for the next. As an Automotive Technician for Monro, you will be an essential team member, performing repair services on Guest vehicles. More importantly, you will be part of a team working together to deliver 5 Star Guest experiences, while using your Technician skills to take care of people, their cars and ensure our guests have safe, reliable transportation.
Pay is based on experience.
* Perform brakes, suspension, tire installation, scheduled maintenance, and all manner of automotive repairs and maintenance, that you are qualified to perform
* Secure our guests approval to perform the work as a result of the diagnosis; and always maintain a clean, neat work area
* Complete thorough automotive vehicle inspections on every vehicle you service and perform any repairs and maintenance
* Test drive guest vehicles and use our shop truck in a safe manner to pick up inventory as needed
* Collaborate with teammates and provide leadership to General Service Technicians
* High school or GED equivalent.
* 2+ years of automotive technician experience
* Valid Driver License
* Own a basic set of automotive tools or participate in tool purchase program.
* Ability to work with hands overhead, stand for long periods and lift 50 lbs.
* Guest and team focused mindset
* Have and maintain an Automotive Technician State Inspector's license, where applicable.
* ASE automotive certification in at least one of A1-A8
* Automotive Technician State Inspector License
* Automotive technical school certificate/degree
* Health Insurance
* Dental Insurance
* 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
* Paid vacation
* Paid Holidays
* Employee Discounts
* Career Development
Your next Destination!
Growth Opportunity: At Monro we're committed to helping our teammates grow their career through the combination of coursework, demonstrating skills and open opportunities. Our Technicians receive on-the-job training, company sponsored certifications, as well as course curriculum in Monro University that empowers you to advance to the next level of Automotive Professional.
Monro, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Monro Muffler Brake & ServiceCorningNY
VIEW JOBS12/16/2020 12:00:00 AM2021-03-16T00:00Overview
Our pharmacy technician positions have undergone an exciting transformation, moving from a transaction-based environment to a much more patient-centric one. As a Walgreens pharmacy technician, you'll be front and center - interacting with our customers and developing strong patient relationships. Pharmacy is the core of our business, and our pharmacy technicians enjoy all the tools and support - including the latest technology - to grow their careers and reach their goals.
* Level: Mid-Level
* Travel: 0-25%
Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans are available to employees for themselves and their dependents.
* Prescription coverage
The Walgreens Prescription Drug Plan is designed to help make the cost of prescription medications more affordable for our Walgreens employees and their families.
* Retirement planning/saving
Profit-Sharing and Employee Stock Purchase Programs help employees secure their financial future and reach their retirement savings goals.
* Employee discount
Walgreens employees and their immediate families are entitled to a 15% discount on most purchases at any Walgreens Store and 25% on Walgreens brand products.
* Work & life resources
An integrated employee assistance and work/life program available to all team members and eligible family members.
* Career development programs
Robust career development includes e-learning programs, classroom career development and mentoring.
Our pharmacy technician positions have undergone an exciting transformation, moving from a transaction-based environment to a much more patient-centric one. As a Walgreens Pharmacy Technician or Pharmacy Technician Apprentice, you'll be front and center - interacting with our customers and developing strong patient relationships. Pharmacy is the core of our business, and our pharmacy technicians enjoy all the tools and support - including the latest technology - to grow their careers and reach their goals.
Walgreens is proud to invest & champion an "earn while you learn" Pharmacy Technician Training Program recognized by ASHP & Department of Labor. This apprenticeship program gives you an entry point to a career in health care by guiding you in taking steps towards becoming a Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Certified Pharmacy Technician and helping you maintain the high level of skill required in the pharmacy care industry. Arming you with a nationally recognized, portable credential that will help you advance your career.
Whether you are new to working in pharmacies or are an experienced Pharmacy Technician Apply Now! Walgreens will train you to use your skills and talents to serve and care for our patients and customers. The courses, learning activities, and resources provided to you in our pharmacy technician training program are designed to give you foundational and advanced knowledge, skills, and on-the-job experiences you need to prepare to become a certified pharmacy technician.
* In accordance with state and federal regulations, assists the pharmacist, under direct supervision, in the practice of pharmacy. Assists the pharmacist in the performance of other Pharmacy Department duties in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
* Responsible for using pharmacy systems to obtain patient and drug information and process prescriptions. If PTCB certified, assists with and coaches pharmacy technicians in the operation of pharmacy systems and cashiers in the operation of the pharmacy cash registers.
* Models and delivers a distinctive and delightful customer experience.
* Engages customers and patients by greeting them and offering assistance with products and services. Resolves customer issues and answers questions to ensure a positive customer experience.
* Models and shares customer service best practices with all team members to deliver a distinctive and delightful customer experience, including interpersonal habits (e.g., greeting, eye contact, courtesy, etc.) and Walgreens service traits (e.g., offering help proactively, identifying needs, servicing until satisfied, etc.).
* Develops strong relationships with most valuable customers.
* Under the supervision by the pharmacist, assist in the practice of pharmacy, in accordance with state, federal, and company policy. Reviews and complies with the Walgreen Co. Pharmacy Code of Conduct.
* Performs duties as assigned by Pharmacy Manager, Staff Pharmacist and Store Manager including utilizing pharmacy systems to enter patient and drug information, ensuring information is entered correctly, filling prescriptions by retrieving, counting and pouring pharmaceutical drugs, verifying medicine is correct, and checking for possible interactions. Assists pharmacists in scheduling and maintaining work flow.
* Reports, immediately, prescription errors to pharmacist on duty and adheres to Company policies and procedures in relation to pharmacy errors and the Quality Improvement Program.
* Strictly adheres to the Walgreen Co. policy regarding Good Faith Dispensing during all applicable prescription dispensing activities.
* Responsible and accountable for registering all related sales on assigned cash register, collects and handles cash as required. Takes customer to OTC aisle when possible to assist in locating products.
* Handles telephone calls that do not require personal attention of the pharmacist, including those to physicians.
* Processes (corrects and resubmits) manual claims for third party program prescription services in a timely and efficient manner, and performs other clerical duties, as assigned by the Pharmacy Manager.
* Assists and supports Pharmacy Department on inventory management activities, such as, ordering, unpacking, checking and storing shipment of pharmaceuticals. Maintains knowledge of Company asset protection techniques, and files claims for warehouse overages (merchandise received, but not billed), shortages (merchandise billed, but not received), order errors or damaged goods involving Rx drugs.
* May assist pharmacist in administering clinical services including the collection and proper labeling of blood/urine samples from patients and other clinical services as required; assists pharmacy staff in coordination of clinical services, Walgreens healthcare clinics and external providers.
* Assists Pharmacy Manager and Staff Pharmacist in developing and maintaining good relationships with the local medical community, including physicians, nurses, and other health care providers, by medical provider detailing and outreach to health groups, retirement homes, nursing homes, and other forums for enhancing growth opportunities.
* Assists with exterior and interior maintenance by ensuring the Pharmacy Department is stocked with adequate supplies, clean, neat and orderly in condition and appearance.
* Complies with all company policies and procedures; maintains respectful relationships with coworkers.
* Completes special assignments and other tasks as assigned.
Training & Personal Development
* Earns and maintains PTCB certification through the designated PTCB training program and/or state required certification/registration. Otherwise, earns PTCB certification as condition of promotion to senior technician.
* Attends training and completes PPLs requested by Manager and acquires continuing education credits. Maintains knowledge and skill in healthcare and pharmacy, including latest news and developments.
* Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English. (Except in Puerto Rico)
* Requires willingness to work flexible schedule, including evening and weekend hours.
* Prefer six months of experience in a retail environment.
* Prefer to have prior work experience with Walgreens.
* Prefer good math skills so they can fill prescriptions accurately, including counting, measuring and weighing medications.
* Prefer good computer skills.
* Prefer the knowledge of store inventory control.
* Prefer PTCB certification.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
VIEW JOBS12/11/2020 12:00:00 AM2021-03-11T00:00Job Summary:
Maintains, repairs, installs, inspects, and adjusts industrial HVAC systems and equipment. Also provides cost estimates, equipment lays out, and schedules jobs accordingly.
This position will work Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Performs preventative maintenance tasking on all HVAC equipment. Repair and maintenance on all HVAC equipment.
* Responsible for accurate and timely paperwork related to essential duties and responsibilities.
* Ability to read and understand system blueprints, specifications, and performance data to determine configuration and purpose of system components such as compressors, motors, pumps, fans, switches, controls, ducts, or pipes.
* Inspects system to verify system compliance with plans and specifications and to detect malfunctions in system component parts.
* Opens valves on equipment such as compressors, pumps, and condensers to prepare system for operation and starts equipment and auxiliary machinery.
* Starts systems, observes operation, reads gauges and instruments, and adjusts mechanisms such as actuators, valves, controls, and pumps to control system operation.
* Monitors Energy Management System - For alarms, out of spec situations, investigates and takes appropriate actions.
* Responds to associated Hot/Cold temperature complaints.
* Discusses system malfunctions with users to isolate problems.
* Records temperature, pressure, and other readings on log sheet at specified intervals.
* Operates refrigerant recovery equipment, vacuum pumps, charging equipment and service gauges.
* Screws, bolts, rivets, welds, and brazes parts to assemble structural and functional components such as motors, controls, switches, gauges, wiring harnesses, valves, pumps, compressors, condensers, cores, and pipes.
* Installs wiring to connect components to electric power source.
* Dismantles malfunctioning systems and tests components.
* Replaces or adjusts defective or worn parts to repair systems.
* Cuts, threads, gas welds, and connects pipe to functional components of HVAC systems.
* Cuts, bends, crimp sheet metal, install air ducts and associated sheet metal components.
* Inspects and measures building to determine airflow requirements.
* Installation of complete heat and air conditioning systems.
* Lubricate fans, motors, and control units.
* Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical heat and refrigeration systems.
* Maintain, organize, control, inventory supplies, tools, and equipment.
* Clean and organize shop area. Maintain inventory of spare parts and material. Maintain tools and equipment for maintenance work.
* Attends classes and seminars on air conditioning components and system design to update skills.
* Performs other routine duties as deemed necessary by Site Manager.
* Graduate of a certified technical school; and 5 or more year's related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* 10 years plus Industrial experience.
* Must possess a valid driver's license and Aerial Lift Certification
* Journeyman or Contractors Mechanical License (preferred but not mandatory)
* Universal Recovery Certification
* Refrigerant Transition and Recovery Certification
* Universal - Type I, II and III
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of the organization.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ability to maintain a flexible schedule: days, evenings, weekends and emergencies.
* Present self in professional manner: neat appearance and grooming.
* Able to produce a quality work product in a prompt, safe and efficient manner.
* Observe and adhere to safety and health rules.
* Good communication with and respect for co-workers and their property, vendors, and tenants
* Team player, hard worker, good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports.
* Maintain a good attendance record, including notification in the event of tardiness and absence.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
DISCLAIMER : The names and logos of the companies referred throughout this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.