Technical Writer needs 3+ years experience in a Technical Writing position
Technical Writer requires:
BS in Technical Writing or commensurate experience
Knowledge of the use of Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Visio.
Ability to work on a federal government project
Technical Writer duties:
Work with a manager to plan the tasks necessary to create a variety of customer facing documents against a deadline.
Work to a deadline and deliver assigned technical documentation and drawings on time and of a high quality
Obtain a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content appropriate for a variety of target audiences (including technical, business, and end user
Learn a product quickly and create documentation from that product (not other documentation) as appropriate.
Review internal engineer created documentation and convert it into customer facing documentation.
Act as editor / reviewer of documentation created by people in other roles and groups to help ensure it is concise, consistent, and presents a professional image. independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation
Able to interact with customers over the phone professionally on an infrequent basis. Other development related tasks as assigned.
Compliance with company administrative policies as required. (timekeeping, attendance, etc)
VIEW JOBS9/21/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-12-20T00:00Altamira Technologies has a long and successful history providing innovative solutions throughout the U.S. National Security community. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Altamira serves the defense, intelligence and homeland security communities worldwide by focusing on creating innovative solutions leveraging common standards in architecture, data and security. Altamira believes that our people and the culture of our company differentiate us from other companies.
Altamira has an immediate opportunity for a Technical Writer who will be responsible for creating and maintaining content used in support of proposal development initiatives. The person selected for this role will be an experienced writer and editor with strong organizational skills and an ability to work within and meet tight deadlines.
* Review RFP requirements and, under the direction of the Proposal Manager, determine best outline and writing approach, ensuring a compliant and compelling response.
* Develop, write, coordinate, track progress, and edit various materials in support of proposal operations.
* Interview Subject Matter Experts (SME) for technical volumes, past performance, and resume development.
* Assist with creating and updating proposal artifacts library.
* Provide writing and editing support for additional documents, as assigned, such as White Papers and Requests for Information (RFI).
* Complete writing assignments according to RFP requirements regarding clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
* Conduct quality control checks to ensure compliance with guidelines, specifications, and deadlines.
* Work closely with BD, Capture, Operations, and Proposal personnel to develop compliant, compelling, and accurate written sections for proposals and related materials.
* Participate in color reviews and revise assignments according to recommendations for improvement and Proposal Manager's review recovery plan.
* Assist with developing conceptual images, flowcharts, diagrams, and other graphics, as needed.
* Collect feedback, evaluate recommended revisions, and update documents throughout the writing process.
* Validate style, consistency, grammar, and syntax of assignments and re-write to clarify and simplify content.
* 3-6 years of writing and editing experience
* Bachelor's degree in English, Marketing, Communications, or Business
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Experience working with Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; experience with Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator a plus
* Ability to work with and create content from bulleted lists received from SMEs
* Ability to establish productive working relationships with senior level management, technical staff, external collaborators, and business development resources
* Strong attention to accuracy and detail
* Strong time management and organization skills; must be able to meet tight deadlines and handle multiple simultaneous projects.
* Ability to both work independently and function effectively as a member of a team
* Ability to grasp new concepts quickly and write about complex subject matter
* May be required to work beyond business hours when necessary to meet deadlines
* Willingness to travel 5-10% in support of proposal activities, as needed
Altamira is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
VIEW JOBS10/19/2019 12:00:00 AM2020-01-17T00:00VIVIAL Media, LLC is a fast-growing online marketing platform that offers businesses a simple, effective, and affordable digital advertising solution. At VIVIAL, we help local businesses publish and promote their news and brand messages through a range of online channels including local publishers, social media, email, mobile, and their own websites.
We are currently looking for a Content Writer to join our team in Dayton.
What is the day-to-day like:
* Conduct in-depth online research about a wide variety of business industries—both B2B and B2C
* Use knowledge gained through research to create compelling, SEO-rich, original content for small- and medium-sized businesses (range varies from 300 to 1,000 words)
* Self-edit for spelling, grammar, syntax, tone, and originality
* Edit content written by our clients—turning dry copy into engaging posts for our readers
* Self-document tasks and report your progress using company CSM
Required Experience and Skills:
* Excellent command of the English language
* Strong writing and copy-editing skills (Elements of Style is on your bookshelf)
* Strong attention to detail
* Ability to write for a variety of audiences and industries
* Strong organizational and time-management skills
* Creative, innovative, and responsive personality
* A love for the goal-driven team; invested in overachieving
* The ability to turn boring content into colorful copy
* Basic understanding of SEO best practices
* At least 1 to 2 years of professional writing experience
Additional Desirable Skills:
* Experience writing for media publications
* Experience editing copy for media publications, websites, or private clients
* Experience using Content Management Systems (CMS) and Salesforce
* Adaptable at all times
* Experience with Google Apps for Work
* Interest and experience in marketing copy
VIEW JOBS10/18/2019 12:00:00 AM2020-01-16T00:00About Us
In today's always-connected world, businesses need to be available to customers, 24/7/365. This is non-negotiable. Enter Zerto. By providing Resilience for Evolving IT™, Zerto ensures enterprises always have access to business-critical data and applications regardless of any IT interruption, downtime or delay. Zerto's award-winning Cloud Continuity Platform™—protecting thousands of enterprises worldwide —is the simplest, most reliable BC/DR software solution built to protect applications on any virtualized IT environment, be it public, private or hybrid cloud. Zerto's fast-moving, creative and supportive work culture fosters innovation and hard work centered around an atmosphere of fun and togetherness.
Zerto's leaders work tirelessly at creating a work space where people love coming to every day. We work in an entrepreneurial, creative, and collaborative environment. If you have a passion for pushing your own limits and are eager to have impact on a winning team, you might be the person we are looking for.
Why work with the Global Alliance Team?
The Global Alliances team works closely with technology partners like Microsoft, Amazon, Google, HPE, IBM and VMware as well as Zerto engineering, sales, support and product management teams.
Our team ensures that Zerto expands our market size via strong technology partnerships. As a Global Alliances Technical Architect, you will have significant and direct input to the Zerto product roadmap and will often be called upon to fill gaps needed as we onboard and increase partner value to Zerto and customers.
As a Zerto Global Alliances Technical Architect, you will provide your technical, design, and program expertise to build mutually beneficial technical partnerships. When establishing partnerships, often the necessary organization roles, responsibilities and technical knowledge does not exist within the organization. The Global Alliances Technical Architect helps define the role and responsibilities and essentially fills the technical gaps and transfers that knowledge to the Zerto organization during the establishment phase of the partnership. Additionally, the Global Alliances Technical Architect will identify needed product features such as APIs to grow the partnership and work with the product management team to prioritize the feature development in the Zerto product roadmap.
What You'll be Doing:
* DevOps-type integration projects with Zerto platform partners ecosystem
* Identify features needed in the Zerto product to open new revenue opportunities with partners and provide gap solutions such as scripts or alternatives processes until new product features can be added.
* Provide technical management and collaboration with Zerto technology partners and the Zerto internal organization.
* Interact with Development and Engineering to ensure the product satisfies feature requirements and collaborate with the Product Management team
* Provide knowledge transfer as new roles and responsibilities are defined as the partner becomes significant to Zerto and Zerto becomes significant to the partner.
* Conduct remote calls and face-to-face meetings to discuss partner business and technical fit with Zerto software products.
* Provide technical guidance and support of sales efforts with strategic partners as deemed necessary.
* Guide partners through installation of proof of concept solutions, working with partner engineers.
* Represent Zerto solutions at local, regional, and national events and trade shows such as VMUGs, VMworld, Microsoft Ignite, Amazon re:Invent, and others.
* Drive onboarding and training across assigned partners and their staff to develop strong and deep strategic relationships and enable engineers, sales persons, program managers, operations teams and others to deliver Zerto-based solutions to the market
* Deliver the Zerto message and vision including technical architecture presentations and product demonstrations to partners.
What you'll Bring:
* Python programming experience
* Scripting capabilities with PowerShell and Bash preferred
* Experience with public clouds (e.g. Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, etc)
* 2+ years in software or hardware professional services delivery consultant or technical architect roles
* 2+ years of total IT industry experience
* Experience with VMware products including vSphere, vCenter, and vCloud Director
* Experience with other hypervisor-based products/infrastructure (e.g. Hyper-V, KVM, etc)
* Understanding of storage concepts, architecture and storage platforms (e.g. SAN/NAS/DAS)
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* The ability to explain technical solutions and concepts to non-technical people
* Good practical understanding of datacenter architecture
* BA/BS, preferably in a Computer related field
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Server environments (Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2008/2003), plus x86 platforms, devices, and networking
* Working knowledge of Linux environments (Ubuntu, RedHat, CentOS)
* Working knowledge of containers and container management systems (Docker, Kubernetes)
* Willingness and ability to perform up to 50% travel as needed.
* Willingness and ability to travel internationally as needed
* Valid passport
Highly Preferred Skills
* Experience working with Public Cloud platforms (AWS and Azure)
* ARM Templates and JSON file development
* Hashicorp Terraform experience
* Working knowledge of Salesforce or other major CRMs
* Enterprise-level architecture and management of real-life IT environments
* Technical certifications (VCP, MCSE, CCNA, etc.)
* Experience with operation and administration of Windows Server 2008 and later
* Practical experience with Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle database, or other database technologies
* Practical experience with SAP
* Working knowledge of financial and healthcare related verticals
* Ability to set up and test customer-like computing environments for demo/troubleshooting purposes
* Network administration in routing, switching, firewall configuration