Annapolis Junction , MD 20701
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
This is a full-time position, and requires a TS/SCI/Full Scope Polygraph Clearance.2HB Incorporated is seeking a Technical Writer in order to support its government customer in Annapolis Junction, MD.
The successful candidate should be able toprovide assistance in the preparation, review, revision and maintenance of documents to support the units mission; write and edit technical documentation for all supported organizations activities; create documentation for operations; produce implementation guides and end-user guides for capabilities Standard Operating Procedures; provide field, data definitions and data flow documentation and format technical publications from pamphlets, technical drawings and consultations with technical personnel and other available resources. Additionally, you will oversee administrative processes associated with managing personnel and policies within a military headquarters element. Additional duties include tracking and monitoring tasking and utilizing automated data systems and research tools to meet deadlines.Position Requirements:
This is a full-time position, and requires a TS/SCI/Full Scope Polygraph Clearance.
- Six (6) years of experience as a Technical Writer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional TW experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Understanding of basic concepts (to include basic grammar concepts), ability to be responsible for writing technical copy for various types of documents
- Edits, and provide quality control of documents prepared by others
- Experience in preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
- Ability to gather technical information and prepare written text
- Ability to maintain a current internal documentation library
- Prepares correspondence, policy documents, unit and individual awards, personnel records
- Provides administrative support within military headquarters across range of staff functional areas
- Skilled in use of multiple word processing and presentation tools such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Visio etc.
- Must understand basic concepts and write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity