Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Technical Team Lead - Full Stack Software Development Engineering
Franklin Lakes , NJ 07417
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Our client is seeking a passionate and talented hands-on Sr. Full Stack Software Development Engineer Engineering Lead, who will work in a Java and Springboot environment. They will help guide the backend development team to continue building out APIs and services, aimed at aiding the over 80 million patients they support. The ideal candidate would be well versed in the challenges and complexities involved in building scalable and robust applications. This person would work with the team to design and implement an excellent solution, with stability and scale in mind. Most importantly, they would thrive in a fast paced & collaborative culture.
- Acts as a Coach, Driving Engineering Best Practices and Ensures Team Meets Business Commitments
- Coaches engineers: Unit Tests, TDD, refactoring, paired programming, code reviews, etc.
- Ensures team delivers on sprint/release commitments.
- Ensures the engineering team delivers on the on agreed to Definition of Done with high quality standards
- Drives Cross-Product Engineering Collaboration
- Perform as technical champion for projects, aligning greater team on overall engineering design for complex multi-application projects, herd the cats from an engineering perspective
- Builds relationships across teams with other engineering leads to share and adopt best practices and identify common patterns on issues and put in place preventative action.
- Drives Product Technical Road-map Focused on Increasing Product Health
- Sets vision on new design and technology footprint, evangelizing work that needs to get done
- Ensures EOL platforms/Tech debt is factored into road-map
- Ensures roughly 30% investment in Product Health: monitoring, automation, test coverage, etc.
- Available 24x7 in the event of a production issue.
- Ensure the Team has a "Full Kit" Focusing on the Right Engineering Skills on the Team
- SE Leads must be a coder!No ivory tower leads.Leads are expected to be active contributors to coding deliverables.
- Partner with Management to ensure team has right balance of required skills for product (i.e. UI, back-end, etc)
- Ensure team has designated "hat"- Security hat, Accessibility Hat(both focus areas in 2018)
- Bachelors degree in related field or 11 years of experience.
- 5 years relevant experience with Bachelors Degree or Masters degree and 3 years of relevant experience;
- Demonstrated record leading and mentoring development teams
- Strong debugging and problem solving abilities
- Good understanding of Object Oriented Design techniques
- Experience validating requirements and driving technical solutions that achieve business solutions
- Excellent communications skills both written and spoken
- Service Tier: Java Spring Framework (Boot, Data JPA, Security, etc.), Mockito, JPA (Hibernate), REST/SOAP Service Development, JUnit, Maven.
- Process: GIT and GITFlow workflow, JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, Behavior Driven Development.