Technical Support Representative (Full-Time With Complete Benefits)
Tallahassee , FL 32311
Posted 3 weeks ago
Full-Time Technical Support Representative
Diverse Computing, Inc. is seeking an experienced and highly-motivated Technical Support Representative to join our team. This is an immediate opening, and it will be available to candidates who live in the Tallahassee, FL area or who are planning to move here. This Technical Support Representative will be responsible for following up with and resolving customer support issues. We pride ourselves on delivering unmatched support and user-friendly software for those who protect and serve the public, and our talented Tech Support team is one of the main reasons for our continued business success.
A little bit about Diverse Computing, Inc.
At Diverse Computing, we are passionate about our mission for delivering innovative IT solutions that improve the effectiveness and security of the public safety community. In other words, we create software that has a higher purpose than simply making a profit. That said, our company has been growing substantially over the past several years, even during this Covid-19 pandemic and recession.
Imagine working for a company where you get to take ownership of your projects. Imagine having the opportunity to play a pivotal role with software that is designed to improve the safety for the public and law enforcement personnel. Imagine being in a cooperative, team-oriented environment where everyone truly has each other's back. Imagine working for a company that is invested in your career development as well as your quality of life outside the office. At Diverse Computing, these arent just catch phrases they are part of our everyday reality.
There are other aspects about Diverse Computing that make us an appealing place to work for. We are not a publicly-traded company, and as such, we are not beholden to the demands of shareholders or investors. We also are not a start-up company that could close shop if the next round of venture capital doesn't come through. We ARE a privately-held company with around 65 employees, and that smaller size allows us to be nimble and to make quick adjustments in a constantly-evolving technology field.
If all of this resonates with you, this job could be for you! Read on for more info.
As a Technical Support Representative, you will:
- Provide phone and email support to our nationwide customers for all Diverse Computing products
- Learn our software inside and out
- Periodically be on-call outside of normal working hours
- Configure, install, and maintain customers routers and VPN appliances
- Install proprietary software on customers' workstations and/or servers
- Train new customers how to use our software
- Perform on-line demos of our software to prospective customers
- Perform quality assurance (QA) testing
- Assist with internal systems administration tasks
This job might be for you if you:
- Have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Information Communication Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or a similar degree program (related work experience may be substituted for educational requirement)
- Have at least 1-2 years of experience with providing some level of technical support (mandatory)
- Are able to work from 8am- 5pm, Monday- Friday
- Have a firm understanding of computers and operating systems
- Are knowledgeable about networking and network security (strongly recommended but not required)
- Have some ASA experience with updating configurations and keeping them up to date (nice to have, but not required)
- Have some SQL experience (nice to have, but not required)
- Have utilized XML for configuration work (nice to have, but not required)
- Truly enjoy helping people
- Are a self-starter and think proactively
- Have a calm demeanor and can handle a decent amount of pressure
- Have rare people skills that enable you to get in front of problems and enthusiastically help clients with their troubles
- Are known for your persistence and getting the job done
- Want to work for company that has a higher purpose
- Are a positive person who likes to look on the bright side
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Can successfully pass a background check and drug screening
Here at Diverse Computing, we understand that highly satisfied employees are key to achieving our goals. This is why we offer:
- Competitive salary (this will be dependent on a candidate's level of experience)
- 100% coverage of monthly health care insurance premiums for yourself with 60% discounted options for family members
- 100% coverage of monthly dental and vision insurance premiums for yourself
- Matching retirement contributions up to 3%
- 15 days of PTO earned annually with 9 paid vacation days
- Flexible work schedule that includes possible telecommuting opportunities
- Reimbursement of any travel costs for business-related meetings
- An award-winning company culture thats welcoming, fun, collaborative, and supportive
If you think youd be a good fit, wed love to hear from you!
How to apply:
- Click on the link below to start the application process
- Provide an updated resume as either a PDF or MS Word document
- Include a cover letter that contains contact information for three (3) professional references
- Keep an eye on your email and its spam folder since that will be our primary method of communication
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.