Technical Support Engineer (Tse) - Enterprise Software
Portland , OR 97204
Posted 2 weeks ago
Hanzo is solving the single biggest challenge in compliance and litigation response today -- Capture, and preservation of dynamic and collaborative content, internal and external to the organization.
Through a sophisticated platform, clients are empowered with the tools they need to capture and preserve collaborative messaging data, social media engagement, and interactive web content then replicate it in legally-defensible native format for analysis and review.
Our client list includes some of the worlds biggest and best companies such as Twitter, Uber, Lyft, Facebook, Paypal, BBC, top law firms and financial institutions.
We are expanding the existing team and looking to add a Technical Support Engineer who will be responsible for ensuring optimum operations customer technical performance of our products with a particular emphasis on our West Coast customers and Pacific time zone. The Engineer will join members of Hanzo in our central Portland office and be a member of the Professional Services team, primarily located in Boston, MA and in the UK.
The ideal person has excellent communication skills coupled with sound technical skills and well versed into Enterprise software. Ability to work across time zones is key. Part remote work is possible depending on location.
The Technical Support Engineer will integrate into the Hanzo Professional Services team and ensure that customers are happy and the service and infrastructure run smoothly at all times.
We offer a rich technical environment leveraging cutting edge serverless architecture, Big data and AI. This is an opportunity to work with a brilliant international team and top customers across the US.
- Support the onboarding of new customers to the technical platform. This may include deployment, setup, integration, troubleshooting, and participation in client meetings.
- Respond to customer calls and support tickets as part of our support team. Investigate and resolve issues in order to maintain high customer satisfaction. Regularly update customers of progress. Prioritize issues and effectively escalate issues to the appropriate team.
- Participate in the monitoring and operations of cloud services to maximize uptime and performance. This involves having a strong working knowledge of Google Cloud, understanding how a highly scalable distributed systems operates, and developing a comprehensive set of dashboards and alerts.
- Ensure that systems are available, run effectively, and monitored; as well as tuning configurations for performance, incident response, escalation to the Dev team, etc.
- Apply automation wherever possible in areas which complement the CI/CD pipelines already in place.
- Channel customer feedback to members of the product and technical teams in the US and in the UK.
- Follow Hanzos operation and support processes in order to effectively communicate your progress.
- Perform analysis of system performance, trends and process efficiencies to feed into the development of new systems and products.
- Excellent communication skills, including fluent written and spoken English.
- High level of empathy, professionalism and patience.
- Expert troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Experience with support and issue tracking systems like Jira, ZenDesk
- Practical experience with scripting languages and SQL.
- Experience with version control systems like Git, Mercurial or SVN.
- Working knowledge of distributed systems and basic understanding of system design.
- Strong skills in cloud computing and operations, ideally GCP, but AWS or Azure also considered.
- Experience supporting Enterprise SaaS software, working with Fortune 100 customers
- Experience with agile and continuous deployment a plus.
- Experience with industry standard configuration, deployment, workflow tools.
- Supporting observability with tools like StackDriver, ELK, Grafana, BugSnag, New Relic or DataDog.
- DevOps tools such as GitHub, GitLab, Docker, Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins or ideally Cloud Build.
- Command line experience in a Linux or Unix environment.
- Bachelor's degree in CS, MIS or related field.
Additional Responsibilities and Core Competencies
- Autonomous Hanzo is a remote first company making this work requires a certain amount of self-drive from employees. You accept responsibility for commitments made to the team, and deliver results, with little or no supervision.
- Collaborative Able to work with others in an inclusive and respectful manner to achieve organisational, product and team goals.
- Communication As a remote first team, we live in Slack, Google Meet and a variety of other tools. Be available and able to clearly articulate issues, needs, requests, requirements and decisions with the team, regardless of location. Proactively communicate updates and requests for assistance with other remote team members.
- Work context aware Dont over engineer it, dont brush off deep architectural issues.
- Responsive the ability to work at a quick pace and handle reasonable interruptions.
- Seek and offer help autonomy is not about wasting time when you could ask for help.
We are looking for people who have curious minds, who genuinely want to make the best possible solution and therefore who are able to communicate and defend their ideas well and to equally recognize when other peoples solutions may be more effective. At the same time you must have the ability to work at a quick pace and handle reasonable interruptions as well as having the ability to come up with solutions that are appropriate and not over engineered.
In return we will provide you with an exciting opportunity to make a meaningful contribution in a small team. We are a fast growing technology company and as the company grows there will be opportunity for career development as well.
We want a sustainable pace of development and therefore keep a good work/life balance. We are a remote first company based in the UK and in the USA and as such were seeking people with a strong sense of autonomy. We use collaborative tools like slack to keep an active office environment.
Learn more about Hanzo and the benefits that we offer our employees at:
Hanzo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Hanzo will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.