Technical Support Engineer (Solid Network Skills)
Seattle , Washington 98104
Posted 5 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Since 2001 Hansell Tierney has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Womens Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.Technical Support EngineerDuration:
6 month contract to hireLocation:
Downtown Seattle, WA
Hansell Tierney is assisting our client with their search for a Technical Support Engineer with strong network skills
for an iconic company in downtown Seattle. You will provide enterprise-level technical assistance on a complex and broad range of day-to-day issues involving internal desktop systems, applications and network infrastructure.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Install and configure computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
- Respond in a timely manner to service issues and requests
- Provide technical support across the company (this may be in person, over the phone or remote desktop)
- Diagnose and solve hardware or software faults.
- Set up accounts for new users
- Repairing and replacing equipment as necessary
- Develop best practices and guidelines for technical support.
- 4+ years proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role - broad, generalist experience is ideal
- Network+ Certification (highly preferred)
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software (eg. Zendesk)
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Strong sense of ownership, ability to troubleshoot and do triage as well as escalate when needed.