ERPi is currently seeking a full time Technical SME SiteAssessment Engineer to provide onsite support at our Seattle, Washington client site.
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is committed to providing seamless care for Veterans, including access to a complete electronic health record (EHR) and shared, transparent care pathways with the Department of Defense (DoD) and community providers. In order to ensure seamless care for Veterans, VA will move toward a single common system by adopting the electronic health record (EHR) system that is being deployed by DoD, which at its core consists of Cerner Millennium. Currently the VA is undertaking an enterprise-wide Electronic Health Record Modernization (EHRM) effort through the procurement of the Cerner commercial electronic health record software and related support services. This modernization of VAs health information management systems will result in a common, single, lifetime health record that both DoD and VA can access, with anticipated improvements in patient care and safety.
This requirement for a Technical SME SiteAssessment Engineer, will support the EHRM Chief Technology Officer (CTO). While serving as lead for site specific deployment analyses and assessments and ensure coordination with EHRM CTO (e.g., Cybersecurity, Architecture, Engineering, Testing). The ideal candidate will have experience conducting site wide discovery of all IT devices, software and hardware that communicate with the electronic healthcare records platform in a facility. The SME must be capable of independent discovery of devices and software and the creation of documents detailing those discoveries. The SME must be able to create documents that allow senior leadership and IT team members to make determinations on the lifecycle, ongoing viability and capabilities of all hardware devices.
The candidate will serve as SME in several of the following areas:
- Non-Care Devices
- User Administrative: Desktop Applications, Authentication
- Computers (Laptops / Desktops, Win 10 Image, Versions, Office Integration, Monitors, Readers)
- Mobile Devices
- Core Facility and
- Identity and Access Management
- Printers/Imaging (Enterprise, Local, Specialty)
- Communications (VOIP / Video / Teleconference devices)
- Monitoring and Management (Software Distribution, SCCM, Patch Mgt., Segment Monitoring, EHRM Manager of Managers)
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least 15 years of professional experience (23 years if degree requirement is not met)
- Bachelors degree in computer science, engineering, math, or equivalent
- Microsoft Visio
- Health IT Experience
- Deep technical knowledge in at least one of the areas described in The Role above
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, result-driven environment
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with Cerner/MHS Genesis
- Knowledge of existing VAs EHR (VistA), in particular the data components
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to think strategically to effectively assess clients situation and assemble service solutions to meet clients needs
- Knowledge of Veterans Administration, including mission, requirements and ability to quickly respond to high visibility requests
ERPi, a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SVDOSB) specializing in management consulting for the federal government (www.erpi.net). ERPi is undergoing a period of significant growth and offers talented candidates a chance to perform project management, strategic planning, process improvement, quality management, data analysis, and human capital planning on some of the Federal governments largest and most complex business challenges. Our work environment is highly entrepreneurial and is staffed with some of the brightest and most capable technical and management consultants in the industry. ERPis compensation and benefits plan are designed to attract and retain the industrys most capable professionals and executives. We offer tuition reimbursement for selected graduate schools, 401(k) profit sharing, awards to recognize exceptional performance immediately, customized health plans, and charitable donation matching, in addition to competitive base salaries.
It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of ERPi not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, parental status, marital status, citizenship, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status, veteran status, or any other protected category with respect to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment.