Technical Service Manager
Middletown , CT 06457
Posted 4 days ago
Join one of CTs 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019's Best Places to Work! We are an expanding IT company that is recognized as one of the Inc 5000s fastest growing companies and the MSPs Top 501.
Exceptional Service. Endless Improvement. Passionate People. Honest and Forthright. These are the core values of Charles IT. We can achieve these values because of our dedicated team, who makes us one of the most successful IT companies of its kind in the region. And because of our team, we offer a level of dedication to our employees rarely found anywhere else. To prove it we encourage learning, professional development and team member input, all in a comfortable family-friendly culture.
Due to growth we are currently seeking to add a Technical Service Manager to our exceptional team. You will be responsible for managing the activities and responsibilities of our service team, determining and executing on key priorities for our management team, and ensuring that support is provided to customers at agreed levels. You will need to be outgoing, customer service focused, extremely organized and detail oriented, and able to operate quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment. You will also need to have a strong technical background focused on systems administration.
What Do We Do?
Create real relationships and raving fans by implementing and supporting cutting edge technology.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as direct manager to a team of Client Experience Coordinators, ensuring that they are working with our Technical Team to bring all client requests to resolution within our agreed service lead times and customer satisfaction goals.
- Deliver exceptional service to our customers by maintaining strong customer communication on account-related issues; this includes keeping clients informed of escalated issues, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages, addressing any client problems by gathering and transmitting information or solutions.
- Facilitate the successful onboarding of new clients.
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals.
- Help provide feedback for quarterly performance evaluations and mentor those with less experience.
- Manage the development of the team by ensuring that daily tasks and activities are in line with their career interests.
- Facilitate regular service desk team meetings and service board reviews, develop training programs to develop and refine the skills of the service desk team.
- Ensure consistency of existing systems through creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
- Review all client-facing escalations and internal-facing timesheets to ensure accuracy, consistency, and efficiency.
- Function collaboratively as part of a fast-paced, client oriented team.
- 5+ years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education in the technology field required; in addition, 3+ years experience as a systems administrator preferred
- Proven experience with logistics, scheduling or dispatching required
- Project Management experience and/or PMP preferred
- Superior oral and written communication skills required
- Fast typing with experience in data entry required
- ConnectWise experience strongly preferred
- Solid customer service abilities including telephone, email and computer/CRM skills; demonstrated proficiency with business collaboration tools such as MS Office Suite
- Experience with computer related functions in the areas of word processing, spreadsheets, database, internet and accounting
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Knowledge and experience in cross-functional management methods and techniques
- Outstanding organizational and multitasking abilities
- Excellent follow through to see projects and tasks through completion
- Self-starter with the ability to perform independently with little or no supervision
- Ability to pass a background check
- Current, valid US driver's license is required
Charles IT offers a competitive benefit program including Health, Life, Disability, Paid Holidays, PTO, Dental, 401K. In addition, we offer free dry cleaning, fully stocked break room, Friday lunches, team-building outings, professional development and so much more!
Charles IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits