Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Technical Proposal Specialist - Aerospace/Defense
The Patriot Group, Inc.
Los Angeles , CA 90501
Posted 2 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Technical Proposal Specialist - Defense/Aerospace Industry
- Founded in 1985 our client has developed a unique business model of achieving both research and technology advancements, and transitioning them into commercial and defense products.
- HQd in Torrance, CA with 5 buildings that occupy over 100,000 square feet; housing some of the most highly advanced and unique research laboratories, as well as engineering, prototyping, development, testing, and production facilities.
- Delivered $300+ million in products to clients in various defense and commercial industries.
- Employs around 300 people, including many PhD level scientists and engineers.
- Highly innovative, small business, women-owned company.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Employer contributed comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage at competitive rates and lower premiums.
- Employer contributed 401k savings plan
- Complimentary Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 1 week of vacation time upon hire, 15 days paid vacation, 10 paid holidays
- Company sponsored lunch and learns, team building activities, and onsite yoga classes
- Excellent work/life balance
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
We are seeking a motivated and technical minded Technical Proposal Specialist who will provide technical writing support for multiple, concurrent proposals for defense, intelligence, civilian, and law enforcement agencies of the U.S. Government. This position will play a critical role supporting the proposal development life-cycle process for small business innovation research (SBIR/Non-SBIR), strategic and tactical, prime and subcontracted, federal government opportunities in response to solicited (BAA, RFP, RFI, RFQ, Sources Sought, White Paper) and unsolicited opportunities.
By combining a technical mindset with a mastery of the English language, this position will convert technical data/material into a succinct narrative. They will also be responsible for interpreting RFP/solicitation requirements, develop proposal outline, project summaries, management plans/approaches, and responses to sources sought, RFIs and other proposal narrative as required. This position will have a critical responsibility in organizing material and writing proposal inputs to meet RFP requirements and specifications regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology. They will also actively participate in proposal preparation activities including: technical writing/editing, supporting company initiatives such as EVMS and CMMI.
- Torrance, CA is ranked in the Top 25 of Best Suburban Cities to live in Los Angeles County (based on factors including: crime/safety, housing, diversity, nightlife/recreation, school system, and the ability to raise a family)
- Located near the Los Angeles County and Orange County border opens up an endless possibility of fun recreational activities without the hassle of a tourist community.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics or another related technical/engineering field
- 3+ years relevant experience with Federal and/or DOD proposal development
- Demonstrated expertise with technical writing for defense and aerospace industry
- Familiarity with federal research programs
- Advanced proficiency using computers and a demonstrated expertise with word processing software, PDF files, and web-based applications
- Ability to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance (i.e. U.S. Citizen/Person, Clean Background, etc.)