Technical Hardware Manager
Atlanta , GA 30301
Posted 1 week ago
Location: Atlanta, GA
Contract: Full-time, permanent
Start Date: Immediate
Hawk-Eye Innovations, a Sony company, develops, markets, and delivers the most sophisticated officiating tools in sport. We are a fundamental part of officiating and broadcasting in over 20 international sports across our Ball Tracking, SMART (Synchronised Multi-Angle Replay Technology) and SMART Production products. Every year we cover over 30,000 events and games across 500+ stadiums in over 90 countries.
We now deliver services to 18 out of the top 20 most valuable sports leagues in the world. Our opportunities are endless, as we push the boundaries of technology in all areas of sport.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
- You will lead the team who provide hardware builds and repairs for the operational teams within the Hawk-Eye North American business.
- The team includes one other engineer, and are collectively responsible for designing and developing engineering solutions and managing technical projects for deliverables, schedules, and costs for multiple ongoing projects and programs; ensuring that resources are appropriately allocated and that goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets are met in accordance with program and organizational roadmaps.
- Engage with project managers, and technical leads to agree and communicate project status, escalate issues, and guide and influence priorities.
- Manage relationships with outsourced partners and suppliers, including setting expectations regarding deliverables, product quality, schedules, and costs; ensures that team members are effectively communicating and collaborating with outsourced resources.
- Proactively identify opportunities for process improvement and cost reductions opportunities.
- Lead a team that delivers faultless services to the operational areas of Hawk-Eye; identifying areas to improve day to day operations and drive efficiencies.
- Provide leadership and development to the team, ensuring training is effective, and their needs are met.
- Management of the business hardware stock, ensuring that we always have the necessary components to deliver on all projects.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- 2+ years of professional experience in a similar role
- Bachelors or Masters degree from an accredited university
- 2+ years of direct management experience for salaried employees and their performance
- Operational management responsibility in a time-pressured and challenging environment.
- Strong experience in process engineering and supervising production lines delivering technically complex projects to challenging timelines and against evolving priorities.
- A strong technical grounding, ideally based on hands-on experience.
- Advanced leadership skills, including coaching, team building, conflict resolution, and management.
- Advanced project management skills including time, risk and budget management, resource prioritization, and project structuring.
- Ability to communicate well, and bring people along with you. Presence and gravitas with senior members of the Company.
- Management style of taking ownership, and finding workable and pragmatic solutions to operational challenges.
- Could have experience of working in live broadcast or large scale technical projects or installations and working to deadlines.
- Track record of meeting or exceeding department performance goals.
- Strong analytical and prioritization skills
WHAT YOU'LL GET FROM US
- A high-autonomy role with real exposure to the forefront of the sports officiating and broadcasting world
- Boost your career with a high responsibility role in a world-class environment
- Access to some of the most intelligent, innovative and driven people in our industry
- A fun, exciting and creative environment
- Discounts on Sony products
Disability Accommodation for Applicants to Sony Corporation of America
Sony Corporation of America provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. For reasonable accommodation requests, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by mail to: Sony Corporation of America, Human Resources Department, 25 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10010. Please indicate the position you are applying for.
For more information regarding website accessibility, please click here.
Sony is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, military status, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or family status, genetic information, medical condition, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work (English/Spanish)
E-Verify Participation (English/Spanish)