Kenosha , WI 53142
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Direct the work of a material handling crew engaged in loading and unloading, arranging, and routing materials within the facility. Load trucks and/or containers using a variety of material handling equipment. Moves material within a warehouse or storage facility to and from the loading platform using a forklift truck or other handling equipment.
Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Load and unload trucks and/or other containers using a variety of material handling equipment.
- Move material within a warehouse or storage facility to and from the loading platform using a forklift truck or other handling equipment.
- Direct the work of a material handling crew engaged in loading and unloading, arranging and routing materials within the facility.
- Insure that proper items in the proper quantities are being shipped to the correct locations at the most economical price meeting our customers expectations.
- Sort and distribute material to various areas following work order instructions.
- Maintain a safe and orderly work area.
- Train other employees.
- Perform duties safely wearing assigned personal protective equipment. Immediately report observed safety hazards to the supervisor.
- Be punctual and at work daily.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide leadership during the absence of the Warehouse Manager through directing employees, fulfilling commitments, and acting as the primary contact for shipping, receiving and other warehouse functions.
- Able to speak, read and write in English.
- Previous management experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Math aptitude at the high school level.
- Shipping/receiving experience preferred.
- Computer literate with an understanding of QAD helpful.
- Knowledge of company products and procedures.
- Customer focused with a strong attention to detail.
- Able to work overtime on short notice.
- Able to reach, bend, lift (up to 50 lbs.), twist, squat, push and pull.
- Good manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
Equal Opportunity Employer#ind123
- Temp to perm position
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)