Chicago , IL 60290
Posted 3 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
About Kitchen United:
Kitchen United is a new-to-the-world multi-unit concept that has the potential to transform the way in which food is delivered to customers. Kitchen United provides the commercial kitchen infrastructure to enable big restaurant brands to get closer to their customers and to optimize their footprint for off-premise dining occasions.
The food delivery industry is already massive ($43B in 2017) and is projected by Morgan Stanley to eclipse $210B in the next ten years. Kitchen United is expanding and plans to open 15-20 centers every year each with 15-20 restaurants. We aspire to host the fastest restaurant expansion ever and are interested in finding people wishing to be part of this exciting journey and enjoy a career with us.
About the Role:
Kitchen United is looking for a Team Leader to be a key member of our Kitchen Center team and the right-hand of the Kitchen Center General Manager. Youll be someone with high standards both in terms of service, cleanliness and work ethic and can lead by reflecting our United Best behaviors in everything you do. We believe in providing excellent service to our kitchen members and their cooks, customers and delivery drivers that pick up from our centers - your role will be important in demonstrating this to other team members and exemplifying what great service looks and sounds like. Youll be key in maintaining a clean, safe & comfortable experience for everyone that comes to visit us. Your responsibilities will include:
- Co-ordinating the timely and accurate completion of the entire teams regular tasks and providing coaching, feedback and support where necessary.
- Communicating information to the General Manager so that the team can respond as necessary to create a clean, tidy & safe environment during each shift.
- Assist with new team member training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
- Contribute to positive team environment by recognizing alarms or changes in team member morale and performance and communicating them to the General Manager.
- Act with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promotes the culture & values of Kitchen United.
- Maintain a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep the center operating to standard and to set a positive example for the team.
- Assist to maintain a functional facility by addressing maintenance issues and dispatching for support when required.
- Expedite food deliveries from kitchen to front of house dispatch in a timely and orderly manner.
- Anticipate customer & driver needs by regularly evaluating environment responding to cues as necessary.
- Delivers excellent customer service to all customers/ drivers/ members by acting with a customer comes first attitude and connecting with the customers, members & drivers.
- Undertake necessary tasks throughout the shift to maintain a clean and organized workspace so that other ambassadors and kitchen members can locate resources and product as needed.
Kitchen United is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals; including minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, and regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity. Kitchen United will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances
- Previous operational experience in food service/ hospitality/ retail required.
- Previous team lead experience is preferred.
- Coaching or training experience is highly desired.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays.
- Meet KU center operating policies and standards, including providing great service, high standards and effort for continual cleaning & tidying.
- Engage with and understand our customers & drivers, including discovering and responding to customer needs through clear and pleasant communication.
- Ability to work on your feet for the duration of your shift (breaks not withstanding).
- Available to perform many different tasks within the store during each shift.
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships
- This role requires a lot of activity so please bear in mind that youll get plenty of steps in and you may be required to undertake some light to moderate lifting.
$17.50 an hour
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance