* Participates in conferences, IEP meetings, clinics and all trans-disciplinary meetings with administrators, staff and families assessing the needs, abilities, objectives and achievements of each student.
* Along with classroom team, develops specific, integrated goals for each child; maintains educational records and submits written reports evaluating each child's progress; prepares and implements written lesson plans; administers formal and informal tests and assesses progress.
* Integrates special educational program with other therapeutic services, including aquatic therapy, hippotherapy, if offered as part of the school’s program, as well as speech, occupational and physical therapies.
* Orients, trains, and directs Teacher Assistants, orients, trains, supervises, and evaluates volunteers and student teachers.
* Arranges and maintains bulletin boards; prepares attendance reports; performs other related record keeping and classroom upkeep functions as required; participates in special activities as appropriate.
* Informs Program Director of significant observations and concerns; maintains contact with parents / guardians of each child; makes referrals to social worker and/or nurse as needed.
* Keeps current of and adheres to safety and emergency procedures including universal precautions to prevent the spread of infectious disease.
* Implements appropriate behavior management techniques; effectively maintains classroom management.
* Keeps current on educational research, trends, and practices, and implements them when appropriate.
* Utilizes effectively a combination of appropriate teaching materials and techniques.
* Utilizes computer technology to support instruction and to manage classroom and administrative tasks
B.A./B.S. Degree; N.J. certification as Teacher of the Handicapped; previous experience with developmentally disabled students preferred; fingerprint examination and approval by State of New Jersey
Cerebral Palsy Of North Jersey (Cpnj)