Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
East Fort Worth Montessori Academy
Fort Worth , TX 76101
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
E.F.W.M.A is currently seeking Elementary Teacher Assistants in our Pre- Kinder and Kinder classes to become part of our engaged, progressive, and professional staff, who will fully embrace the E.F.W.M.A vision and mission statements and share our educational philosophy and love for Outdoor Learning.
All applicants must have an Associates or Child Care Certification with TB Test, First Aid & CPR documentation. Applicants must have 1-2 years of experience working with children in a preschool environment or childcare facility. Familiarity with Montessori Methods and Philosophy is a plus.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Responsible for maintaining peace and order while the Teacher presents lessons
- Creates an environment where conflicts are resolved with a calm and respectful approach, patience and an understanding of Love & Logic
- Uses positive language to redirect student behavior
- Knowledgeable about developmentally appropriate behavior and practices
- Aware of individual students needs and interests
- Understands the importance of children's work and need for concentration
- Meets student at eye level and offers help instead of taking over the activity
- Makes notes of observation to discuss with the lead teacher after school
- Confidentiality is very important, communication with parents about student behavior or progress is the job of the lead teacher
- Ability to work independently and on various tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational, classroom, and time management skills
- A proactive team player who is flexible and self-motivated with a How can I help? attitude and a solutions-driven mindset
- A minimum of 2 - 3 years teaching experience
- Enthusiastic, productive and positive nature
- An ability to inculcate a Growth Mindset in students
The Daily Routine of a Montessori Teacher Assistant - Culled from Montessori Life Magazine
An assistants day begins by arriving early, often before the teacher, to begin the daily preparations. The Montessori environment is clean, beautiful and at all times, welcoming and inviting to the children. All preparation work must be completed before the children arrive so that they may start working as soon as they enter the classroom. In addition to preparing the environment, the Montessori assistant may be responsible for:
- Preparing snack
- Greeting early arrivals and taking them to before school care
- Greeting children and parents as they arrive
- Assisting children with outdoor clothing and shoes
- Observing childrens needs and adjusting the activities based on the level of energy
- Observing the dynamics of the classroom and looking where to be most useful
- Ensuring safety and harmony outdoors
- Helping children get ready, wash hands, etc., at lunch
- Supervising at nap time
- Administrative duties filing papers, making copies, laminating and cutting materials, sharpening pencils, cutting paper, etc.
- Replenishing supplies, snacks, etc.
- Checking to ensure that all parts of all the materials are in working order
- Cleaning the classroom and shelves at the end of each day
The Montessori classroom assistant is more than someone who cleans the classroom. They inspire and guide children through modeling and examples. They are an extra pair of hands, a watchful eye, and a comforting smile. They are confident and happy to be contributing to the lives of children.
Salary range is from $15,000 to $18,000 per year based on experience. Holidays off and we offer medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and various other additional benefits. We are a family-oriented facility and work as a team. We have a tremendous outdoor learning environment for our teachers, teacher assistants and staff to utilize. Our Montessori philosophy allows for individualized learning for our students and really allows our teacher assistants to work with our teachers to help every student succeed and learn.