Teacher Assistant - Edgewood
Maryland Rural Development Corporation
Edgewood , MD 21040
Posted 3 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Maryland Rural Development Corporation (MRDC) is seeking a Teacher Assistant for the Head Start preschool program. The successful candidate will assist the teacher in implementing the Creative Curriculum practices with fidelity and in accordance with program guidelines and Head Start initiatives. The candidate will assist the teacher in using the Teaching Strategies GOLD to assess childrens abilities and to individualize planning for each child. The candidate will assist the teacher to set and maintain the classroom environment; ensure safety and health procedures are in place; care for furniture, classroom and resource materials, and maintain current classroom inventory.
MRDC offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Required shift: 40 hours per week, 40 weeks per year depending on the classroom assigned
Formal Education, Work Experience:
- Child Development Associate or will receive credential not later than one year after beginning employment in this position; 90 - hour Childcare Certification preferred
- 1 year of preschool classroom experience required
- Current or ability to obtain first aid and CPR certification
- Ability to fully participate in a program for active youngsters. This includes lifting young children, getting up and down from the floor, lively outdoors activities and moving furniture.
- Must be able to demonstrate care & concern for Head start children and families
- Ability to communicate (verbally and in writing) and collaborate with various professionals and community groups throughout the three counties
- Ability to organize and delegate in an efficient manner and work with minimal supervision
- Must be willing/able to travel
- Must obtain and pass a physical, TB test and criminal background check
- Must be knowledgeable in Maryland Child Abuse laws and act accordingly.
- Must have own transportation and valid drivers license
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development