Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Tax Senior Associate
PWW Recruiting, Llc.
Richmond , VA 23173
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The client is seeking a dynamic and client service-oriented individual to join our practice as a Tax Senior Associate. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is interested in working in a growing public accounting firm which focuses on privately-held businesses across a variety of industries. Successful Senior Associates will have strong verbal and written communication skills and will be able to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment. Our goal is to transition Senior Associates into the next leaders of the Firm, and in this, we provide development opportunities for our employees through technical training, our Future Leaders group, our OppAd program (focused on client communication and marketing skills), and on-the-job training from highly-motivated partners and managers.
- To provide quality service to our clients
- To provide fulfilling careers to our staff
- To share our time and resources to give back to the community
- Assist in day-to-day client management with an emphasis on client contact and responsibility
- Review and prepare income tax returns of all types: C-Corp, S-Corp, Partnership, and Individual
- Utilize tax research skills for communication to the client and/or documentation for the client file
- Assist in strategic business and tax consulting with a focus on tax minimization and risk management with examples including
- Viewing partnership operating agreements to determine an allocation of profits/losses
- Assisting with merger and acquisition analysis/due diligence
- Reviewing client trial balances for book/tax timing differences
- Evaluating the propriety of depreciation methods and lives used
- Assisting in accounting method changes
- Reviewing multi-state operations for state filing requirements
- Assist in federal and state controversy work
- Supervise and train Tax associates
- College graduate with a degree in accounting
- Good technical and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of MS office and accounting software programs including tax research software
- Eligible to sit for CPA exam (with preference given to candidates already holding the CPA credential)
- Three years experience as an associate in a public accounting firm or equivalent work experience