Kansas City , MO 64101
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are excited to be hiring for our new Tax Manager at our CPA office in Clayton, Missouri.
This role is for people interested in independently managing engagements by providing direct oversight of multiple tax engagements.
You will work with a range of clients in specific related niche areas.
Duties include but no limited to:
- Assisting with business development by networking, presenting, writing articles, etc.
- Advanced tax planning utilizing current and new tax laws
- Strategy planning, succession planning, and general business advising
- Active management of tax projections and estimates in line with active tax planning
- Tax return review with previous signing experience
- Training, guiding and further development of levels from associate to supervisor
- Performing technical tax research to remain a highly technical consultant
- Extensive experience with successful communication with tax authorities on clients behalf
- Management and successful outcome rating of IRS and state notices and examinations
- Experience with business management matters including billing, collection and WIP management
- Client facing experience and responsible for managing workflow expectations and client satisfaction rating.
- Minimum 7+ years recent Public Accounting experience in Tax
- Must have active CPA license
- Experienced tax reviewer of tax forms including 1120, 1120S, 1065, 1040, 1041, and related schedules and multi-state filings MUST HAVE 1040 experience.
- Strong foundation of tax accounting and tax law is expected
- Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office. Advanced Excel skills preferred.
- Ability to quickly become proficient in the other information technology tools used by our firm such as CCHs ProSystem Axcess software
- Strong ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work while taking initiative and ownership of this position
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to actively maintain client relationships providing optimum client service in a timely manner
- Ability to work overtime as needed throughout the year to meet client needs
- Strive to provide an inviting work environment that fosters learning
- Relocation Acceptable - Locals Preferred
- Company Will Sponsor (H1b Visa Candidate, etc)