Tax Manager / Senior Tax Manager
Florham Park , NJ 07932
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
When you welcome an opportunity with Global Tax Management (GTM), you will be a part of a winning team while adding value to your career as a tax professional. At GTM you will have the ability to engage with leaders, while immersing yourself in challenging work that directly impacts our clients. We are currently seeking a Tax Manager / Senior Tax Manager to join our Lead Tax practice in our New Jersey office.
The Tax Manager/ Senior Tax Manager will act as a trusted advisor having extensive technical experience and understanding clients business strategy and needs. They will be responsible for developing and managing a team by providing them with leadership and guidance, while possessing excellent communication, interpersonal and time management skills. The Tax Manager must have a strong desire for career growth advancement and a natural affinity for business development as they work with clients.
GTM is an employee owned organization (ESOP), specializing in tax services for multi-national Fortune 1000 and SEC corporate clients. By understanding our clients business strategies, we provide a broad range of federal, state, local and international tax services to meet their needs.
- Proficient with the requirements of ASC 740 (FAS 109 and FIN 48) and the ability to prepare income tax accrual calculations, including quarterly and annual journal entries, footnotes, tax account roll forwards and reconciliations
- Review complex consolidated and standalone corporate federal and state income tax returns, including unitary and combined filings
- Conduct federal and state tax research and draft/review memorandums to support tax return filing positions
- Advise clients on a full spectrum of corporate tax services, including planning, research, compliance, and provision
- Plan, execute, direct, and complete tax projects in a wide variety of industries
- Manage several client engagements concurrently from beginning to end, including preparation of scope, budget, resource needs, etc.
- Develop, train, motivate, and mentor seniors and staff
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, deadlines are met, and proactively lead change efforts
RequirementsBachelors Degree in AccountingCPA or Masters Degree in Taxation preferred5+ years experience in tax accounting, working in either a corporate tax department or professional services environmentDetailed knowledge of ASC 740 (FAS 109 and FIN 48) and related tax accounting guidanceProficient in Excel and Microsoft Office productsExperience in corporate tax preparation software ( Ex. CorpTax, ONESOURCE, GoSystem)Working knowledge with online tax research tools ( CCH, RIA, BNA)Process and detail oriented with strong organizational skillsProfessional written and verbal communication skillsExcellent interpersonal and client service skillsStrong leadership, business development, recruiting, training, coaching, and mentoring skills
At GTM, you can have a rewarding career which offers a competitive compensation/benefit package including participation in the ESOP, continuing education, annual bonus, comprehensive benefits and more.