JOB SUMMARY: Support the U.S.state sales & use tax and Canadian indirect tax issues relating toCaterpillar Financial Services Corporation (CFSC) and its subsidiaries. Support the minimization of the enterprise'slegal tax liability through assistance in preparing tax returns, work papersand documentation that supports tax audits.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1.Prepares accurate and timely tax reporting and filings forCFSC and its subsidiaries' U.S. state sales & use and Canadian indirect taxreturns, including maintaining proper documentation to sustain tax calculationsand support tax audits and collaborating with various functional areas withinCFSC Tax, the NABC, Accounting, Treasury and business units.
2.Gathers, organizes and analyzes financial information usedto prepare tax related reports and indirect tax returns. Enhances and improves current data gatheringtechniques.
3.Performs datainput, analysis and processes information into corporate systems.
4.Utilizes data analysis systems such as Microsoft Excel and
5.Analyzes, resolves and provides written evaluation forreconciliation items related to personal property tax accounts.
6.Performs advanced tax research as required for tax issuesrelated to sales & use or Canadian indirect tax.
7.Coordinates tax calendar and track progress ofcorresponding tax return preparation and filing. Utilizes tax preparationsoftware proficiently to create reports used for compliance.
8.Researches and prepares data needed to complete sales &use and Canadian indirect tax audits.
9.Prepares data and work papers for responses to tax auditorqueries to help explain our filing positions.
10. Works directlywith local tax auditors upon request with knowledge and consent of the TaxManager.
11. Works directly with CFSC internal and externalcontacts, including Cat Inc. Global Tax and Trade, other CFSC Tax groups, NABC,Treasury, Accounting and business units to ensure that the appropriateinformation is gathered.
12. Conveys data to management so they are able to provideadvice to business and services units.
13. Participates in team meetings and supports Senior Tax teammembers and Tax Managers.
14. Aids with CFSC's record retention guidelines byappropriately filing documents.
15. Performs identified process improvements within Taxsupporting research.
16. Participates inaccomplishment of continuous improvement objectives for the department. Progress toward accomplishment of these ismeasured through maintenance of necessary measurements and analysis ofassociated data. Participates in theidentification of problem areas and development of resolutions to address them.
17. Understands the
Harassment policy of the company and is responsible for its application in allaspects of employment.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND KNOWLEDGE:
1.Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply mathcomputation skills including basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, anddivision.
2.Ability to apply human relations skills.
3.Demonstrated ability to use software packages associatedwith accounting, i.e. tax systems, spreadsheets, graphics, and word processing.
4.Demonstrated ability to handle complex tax analyses andcomplex account analyses.
5.Demonstrated ability to perform advanced tax research; puttogether audit materials and data; understand tax audit issues; and help withfinal research to resolve issues.
6.Demonstrated ability to understand and apply tax researchskills to state and local, and/or Federal and international tax planningsituations; providing proposals for solutions to more complex tax questions.
7.Demonstrated ability to use tax and accounting systems toprepare tax returns, meeting all deadlines, keeping penalties and interest to aminimum, fully analyzing accounts; or the ability to use tax research skills toput together international tax research proposals, tax letters and providethese to the businesses with assistance and guidance.
8.Demonstrated ability to handle tax audits and/or preparedata and proposed research solutions to more complex tax audit questions.
9.Demonstrated ability to put together an audit plan; useaudit preparation techniques; do advanced tax research; put together auditmaterials and data; understand tax audit issues; and help with final researchto resolve issues.
10. Workingknowledge of the company's organization and accounting practices.
11. Proven writtenand verbal communication skills.
12. Demonstratedability to handle multiple tasks effectively.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: A 4-year college or university degree inAccounting and 1 to 3 years of exempt job-related experience is recommended.
Previouswork experience must be progressively increasing in responsibility andaccountability and demonstrate an ability to gain in knowledge andresponsibility such that a level of full competency can be reached. Equivalent experience may be substituted foreducation.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.