Taproom Retail Manager
Tree House Brewing Company
Charlton , MA 01507
Posted 6 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are looking for a creative individual to join and grow with our very tight family here at Tree House with the position of Taproom Retail Manager. This is an excellent opportunity for a quality-focused, talented hard worker whos passionate about driving business success, developing teams, and providing the best customer service...down to the last detail. The individual will be expected to perform all of the tasks and activities associated with managing Tree Houses Taproom/Retail environment. The Taproom Retail Manager will report to our Director of Retail and be an integral part of our management team. This is an integral role and well suited for an individual who has initiative, can get up to speed on our culture and processes quickly, takes pride in minor details, and understands their impact when considered as a collective whole in the brewery. This opportunity promises an invigorating and exciting environment where good work is done so we always look for flexibility and a sense of humor in addition to other valuable traits like intent, hard work, and good communication skills.
Its a great time to join the team to be a part of our growth to come. We are expanding and we continue to build on this creative, eclectic endeavor in our new, state-of-the-art facilities and we couldnt be more excited and grateful for whats ahead. The position is FULL-TIME and will be based in Charlton, MA and will include workdays in our other facilities.
As a Taproom Retail Manager, you will assist the Director of Retail with the overall daily operations and upkeep of Tree House Taproom/Retail and the responsibility of it through supervision, presentation, and coordination of day-to-day activities of crew members. Activities will include:
- Consistently work hard to create a welcoming and informational environment for the customer by greeting and assisting wherever help is needed most at that time, as well as quickly responding to customer inquiries and needs.
- Actively promote ideas for operational improvement; respond promptly to management inquiries, assignments and deadlines.
- Ensuring overall cleanliness and organization of store/retail/bar area ensuring the overall appearance of Taproom displays and environment are kept at the highest level, including signage, cleanliness & decor.
- Updating all availability on media sites as needed.
- Leading by example and promoting efficiency, strong work ethic, initiative, and great culture.
- Communicating, upholding and enforcing company policies and best practices - including an understanding and ensuring adherence to workers compensation, benefits, anti-harassment, anti-discrimination and other legal standards and Tree House policies and procedures.
- Assuring all staff are continually informed and in compliance with all health, safety, sanitation and emergency policies.
- Planning, assigning and enforcing daily responsibilities and tasks of all team members.
- Ensuring responsible service of alcohol to customers, and makes sure all crew members are doing the same
- Solving problems related to customers, crew members, or the business itself; communicating issues, trends, issues and action plans to Director of Retail
- Upholding company culture and driving an amazing customer experience, also guiding and teaching each team member to do the same.
- Collaborating with other management on employee and customer service issues.
- Conducting reviews, check-ins and employee performance plans with Retail Staff evaluating employee performance and growth and providing regular feedback.
- Assisting in all personnel matters including hiring, discipline process(es) and termination ensuring proper completion of all hiring, employment, termination forms/paperwork and maintenance of proper personnel files and recordkeeping and submits to HR.
- Assisting as needed with orientation and train new employees on all aspects of their role and the business
- Ensure training initiatives are being met and assist in regular training & development of staff to promote knowledge, efficiency and growth; coordinating with team to schedule periodic trainings as needed
- Creating and distributing weekly staff schedule, taking into account annual vacation and holiday schedules and incorporating schedule requests where appropriate or as directed by Director. Ensuring that shifts and responsibilities for supervisors and other staff are covered during vacations and emergencies.
- Oversee inventory logging between systems and communicate to Director and Head Brewer to suggest limit changes as needed.
- Is responsible for all cash handling and documenting it on a daily basis - at the beginning, middle, and end of shift. This includes making change, scheduling cash drops from registers and depositing them into the safe, and counting and distributing tips.
- Is responsible for conducting opening and closing the taproom and retail store.
- Thinking critically every day, and making appropriate decisions in the companys best interest.
- Other tasks as assigned by management.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of management experience in the hospitality industry
- Strong organization and communication skills to discern and address the needs of customers, employees, stakeholders, and company leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate strong relationships within the organization and community-at-large
- Demonstrated leadership capacity motivating and unifying teams.
- Ability to manage competing priorities within a dynamic environment.
- A constant learner, able to flourish in a fast-paced, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment.
- Passion for Tree Houses vision and the craft beer business; Strong knowledge of craft beer a plus.
- Expertise in driving efficiency in business despite practical constraints.
- Able to work effectively with people at all levels across the organization.
- Goal-oriented with ability to demonstrate impeccable integrity, critical thinking, good judgement, sense of urgency and honesty.
- Experience in quality control, policy adherence, and other protocols
- Effective leadership skills with experience managing others
- Strong understanding of product and labor costs with proven track record of hitting and maintaining target goals
- You are self-motivated and able to work autonomously, with a focused and hard working attitude
- A quick learner who is able to work with minimal or no supervision
- Ability to multitask and work coolly and professionally in time sensitive situations
- Must have good communication skills with the ability to both receive feedback and offer ideas
- You are not afraid to speak your mind
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and/or pivot plans quickly in order to coordinate corrective actions needed
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to push, pull, bend, and lift in excess of 50 lbs. as necessary to perform required tasks as assigned throughout the workday.
- Must be able to stand, walk for long periods of time
- Ability to work early, long hours with flexibility and the ability to work beyond normal working hours, on weekends, and in other positions temporarily, when necessary to ensure product delivery
Benefits and Perks:
- Health & Dental Insurance covered in full by Tree House
- 401K w/ employer match
- Generous PTO including vacation, personal, sick, and paid holidays
- Company Gym
- Merch and Beer credits and then some
- Annual Hobby stipend
- Consistent reviews to assess progress and your own personal happiness
- Options to participate in killer team/company sponsored events
- Culture! You will work in an environment of driven & intelligent people who have a good time and are constantly striving to improve
At Tree House, we work as a team and we work very hard. . . with purpose and intent. We do not cut corners and we do not take the easy route. We encourage dissent, critical thinking, and an ongoing desire to improve. Our goal is to make the best beverages in the world and serve it in the most friendly and memorable environment possible - that is our obsession, and that is what drives us to do what we do.
Thanks for reading! To be considered, follow the link to apply and include your resume, cover letter, and references within your cover | No phone calls.