Owens & Minor, Inc. Mechanicsville , VA 23116
Consulting with internal clients, provides leadership and support to refine and execute broad-scale Talent Management initiatives including realignment of departments, divisions, and teams within Owens & Minor. Focusing on improved delivery or organizational goals, partners with business leaders to implement strategies that enhance individual roles, team alignment, and overall performance. Develops programs to support cultural change, teammate development, and senior team effectiveness associated with organizational re-design. Works with business leaders to gain support for succession planning, talent review, inclusion & diversity, cultural awareness, and sensitivity initiatives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1.Identifies and leads resources from across Owens & Minor to support organizational change and change management programs. Partners extensively across various functions to identify associated impacts, and develops and executes resolutions facilitating new organizational design.
2.Consults with Owens & Minor leadership to design and execute organizational talent management initiatives such as structure redesign, large scale organizational change, and division-wide re-organizations.
3.Through discussion with key stakeholders: develops acute understanding of organizational business problems, collaborates with organization leaders to create solutions, and implements solutions in partnership with management.
4.Manages internal client relationships and expectations effectively; influences thinking surrounding complex organizational design issues.
5.Develops specific plans designed to support organization business development goals and addresses complex organizational challenges.
6.Designs functions and departments to increase workforce performance while enriching the experience for each teammate. Works with the Compensation Team on defining new roles/jobs in support of this effort.
7.Develops project plans and schedules to successfully implement new organizational structures. Identifies and leads resources needed across the organization to achieve project goals and implement change.
8.Collaborates with the Communications Team on communications plan creation and associated materials to deliver information to appropriate audiences.
9.Develops effective change management and transformation strategies that help leaders and teammates successfully absorb organizational changes and increase organizational performance. Leverages HR Services Team to deliver on change management plans.
10. Advises leadership on talent management issues impacting short-term and long-term business goals and succession planning needs. Identifies and leverages opportunities for talent management integration within key business processes and programs across the organization.
11. Partners with HR Operations Team to develop and implement the Owens & Minor succession planning process (including assessing leaders' career interests, abilities, and future opportunities) to better identify critical skills, and forecast the bench strength/talent gaps that might exist within the organization.
12. Builds a framework to enable a lifecycle approach to talent management across the organization; collaborates with HR Services team to integrate talent management, learning, and development programs and best practices. Provides strategic workforce metrics and insights to customize strategies for internal clients.
13. Consults with leaders on the planning and facilitation of department and business level strategy meetings to include purpose, agenda, and group process strategies.
14. Facilitates Leadership programs such as DDI, and personality styles inventories as needed in conjunction with the Talent Development Team.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Four year university degree required; Masters Degree preferred
Eight or more years of progressive experience in Organizational Design, Change Management, Facilitation Human Resources, or related discipline required
Five years of large enterprise-wide project management experience preferred
Substantial experience in organizational design, development, new leader assimilations and change management functions required
Experience in a fast-paced, matrixed environment required
International experience/exposure is highly preferred
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Excellent analytical and organizational skills
Excellent project management skills with a demonstrated ability to manage projects from inception through completion
Demonstrated capabilities in process design, organizational development and/or change management practices, tools, and techniques
Demonstrated strong business acumen with a track record of success in consulting with senior leadership
Strong influencing and facilitation skills
Ability to work independently and collaboratively to accomplish assignments and lead team members and partner to ensure integrated execution of project deliverables
Superior written and verbal communication skills; good listener
Possess strong ability to maintain confidential information
Proven ability to work with teammates at all levels of the organization
Ability to translate and statistically analyze data, effectively reporting problems through written and/or graphical formats
Excellent customer service skills with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building
Strong ability to anticipate future needs of the organization
Manages time and resources effectively through strong organization, multi-tasking, delegation, time management and project management skills
Ability to use MS Business Suite applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Proven ability to motivate and manage projects in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
Strong ability to set and carry out goals, working effectively during times of transition and helping others adjust to change
Ability to travel up to 20%