Talent Associate, Benefits And Payroll Administration, Momentum
St. Louis , US-MO 63103
Posted 3 months ago
WHY YOULL LOVE THIS JOB
We believe that what a brand does is more important than what it sayswe want you to help brands do amazing, unprecedented, wild things, creating experiences that people never forget.
WHY YOULL LOVE DOING IT AT MOMENTUM
Because the idea that a brands action is more important than its rhetoric is the key to our entire approach. It is all about the experience and we canhands down, bar-nonecreate that better than anyone else. Thats not jargon or egoits truth. Experience creates the connections that lead to loyalty, advocacy and sales. So we imagine and create those things here, in what we call the total brand experience. And how we do it is with genius, dedication, strategic thinking and working together as one fearless, handsome troop. Before you get any ideas, its important you know were serious about taking care of each other here. So think on that. We work too closely not to have fun together. We work too smart not to make the world better. And we work too well not to continually push for more. Think on all that, too.
As the Talent Associate, Payroll and Benefits Administration, you will provide vital support for the human resources operations function and necessary partnership with the talent business partner team. Your primary responsibilities will include the support of all payroll and benefits administration- processing of payroll, leave and fringe benefits administration, workers compensation benefits, assist with ensuring regulatory and statutory compliance, point of contact for employee inquiries and problem solving related to payroll and benefits, supporting the coordination of health and wellness initiatives and events, health fairs flu shot offerings and other benefits/health related events drives, providing data for management, compliance and adhoc reports as needed, assist with special projects to support the overall Talent Team goals and initiatives. In this role, you will report to the Manager, Talent Business Partner and be part of a fast-paced, dynamic, forward thinking HR team. You will be comfortable switching between working autonomously, and playing a role within a team.
HERES WHAT YOULL DO (RESPONSIBILITIES)
- Assist in the routine processing and validation of semi-monthly payrolls for North America offices, leave benefits administration and fringe benefits as assigned
- Ensure all federal, state and local taxes, 401(k) and benefit contributions are all properly deducted from employees compensation as well as filed with the correct federal, state, and local institution
- Complete status changes and submit employee payroll changes on a timely basis while ensuring that payroll-related transactions are processed in compliance with external and internal policies
- Process and maintain all employee vacation and sick time, anniversary awards, tuition assistance forms, referral awards and other benefit related awards
- Maintain HRIS & Payroll Systems and other databases ensuring data integrity by running queries, analyzing data, and creating and running various audits.
- Assist in ensuring regulatory compliance and prepare AAP, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Multi-State Reporting and other statutory compliance as required
- Partner with Legal to address employee compliance in accordance with federal, state, local and provincial laws
- Audit payroll for accuracy and reconcile and ensure all payroll accounting entries are completed accurately and timely
- Provide monthly, quarterly and yearly payroll reports
- Field and respond to payroll inquiries and resolve discrepancies and escalate as needed
- Assist in the training of colleagues and employees on various HR processes and systems.
- Adhere to company and legislated confidentially and privacy regulations
- Assist in the coordination of Momentums Wellbeing program across North America offices, which supports employees and business objectives
- Provide support in the communication, consultancy and advice on benefit offerings- medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, disability, leaves, worker's compensation, 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, other fringe benefits, etc.
- Process, track, record keeping and follow up on FMLA, leaves of absence, disability claims, workers compensation claims and related functions.
- Maintain payroll, benefits and other Talent policies; Ensure all policies are legally compliant, communicated and applied with consistency
- Work with Talent Manager, Business Partner & Operations and in partnership with Business Partners to execute flawless planning, implementation, and follow through of wellbeing initiatives and ensure strategic objectives are met
- Provide proactive advisory role for Business Partners and line managers to escalate and resolve benefits related needs identified in the business
- Assist in reporting and updating all PTO rollover and communicate with the BP for their areas
- Support in all metrics reporting and talent projects as needed
HERES WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR (QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS)
- Bachelors Degree in related field
- 2 3 years of directly applicable payroll and benefits experience, including administration and claims resolution
- Knowledge and experience in multi-state/provincial payroll laws
- Technical knowledge of applicable federal and state laws pertaining to benefits, including HIPAA, COBRA, ERISA, PPACA, etc.
- Taxation of employees on visas working in the US.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft, preferred
- Good research skills in a variety of medium to remain up to date on benefits trends and laws
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Committed team player that is detail oriented
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong organizational skills, multi-tasking and prioritizing capabilities.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Software, including Excel, Word, Outlook, Access, and Power Point
- Strong negotiation skills
At Momentum Worldwide, we value diversity and the uniqueness of all people. We thrive in an inclusive environment, and we recruit, hire and promote without regard to race, gender, age, color, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, citizenship, religion, sexual preference, military or veteran status, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected categories as set forth in the applicable state, federal or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment including training, compensation, benefits and all other privileges of employment.