Tableau BI Developer
Ezdata Systems Inc
Glendale , CA 91204
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Date of the Job Posting: June 6, 2020
Job Id: TDBI #062020-3, Job Title: Tableau BI Developer; Project Location: Glendale, California; Start Date: Immediate
EzData Systems, a San Jose based IT Services Organization serving customers in the United States, looking for an experienced Tableau BI developer to work on BI project that deals with Tableau BI reporting for its customer.
Role & responsibilities:
- Collaborate with BI teams/project managers to finalize design and build solutions for various business operations in Tableau utilizing data from source systems namely Google Analytics, Amazon Web Services
- Build reporting application using Tableau server, Tableau desktop, SQL Server, Salesforce, Unix, Informatica, Tableau, Python to enable business users for faster & effective decision-making process.
- Build Tableau visualizations - Dual Axis, Bar Graphs, Scatter Plots, Pie-Charts, Heat Maps, Bubble Charts, Tree Maps, Funnel Charts, Box Plots, Waterfall Charts, Geographic Visualization by connecting to various data sources
- Integrate visualization into existing interactive tableau dashboard and deploy in existing BI environment. Schedule data refresh on Tableau Server for weekly/ monthly increments based on business change to ensure that the views and dashboards were displaying the changed data accurately.
- Create metrics, attributes, filters, reports, dashboards, advanced chart types, visualizations and complex calculations to manipulate the data in Tableau. Coordinate with business for feasibility study of the project in Tableau and drawing up the timelines and DB Teams for designing the database as per project requirement.
- Support Tableau administration team with architectural roadmap, producing architectural/solution documentations and provide technical expertise and guidance to other team members.
- Use existing API’s and functionalities to retrieve data from multiple data sources and integrate in Tableau. Optimize scripts and reports to consume less spool space and cpu cycles. Publish Tableau dashboards on to respective department locations on Tableau Server. Remediate SQL scripts and redesign inner, left, and right joins in Tableau Desktop by connecting volatile and staging datasets.
- Write SQL to queries to analyze data and find redundancies or data inconsistencies that directly align with the scope of the project. Analyze and propose the most appropriate form of tableau report delivery, assuring best practice and quality with emphasis on reusability.
- Perform downstream and upstream impact analysis of tables and views by understanding the complex sql scripts workflow. Identify the dependencies for ETL scripts, work with technical team to reschedule the informatica jobs. Create work break down structure for different phase of the project using Version One during the sprint grooming sessions for Agile Methodology
- Architect solutions based on specific project requirements, considering best practices and performance standards while promoting reusability. Deep hands-on knowledge of data integration methodologies (ELT/ETL), Messaging and API platforms.
- Extensive client facing skills with the ability to lead customer / business user meetings (as appropriate) and excellent communication skills (both written and oral). Strong interpersonal skills with ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels of the enterprise from executives to developers
- The position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information technology, Computer Information Systems, or a combination of education and experience equating to the equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree in one of the aforementioned subjects.
- The candidate must have a minimum 3 yr hands-on exp in Tableau report development and experience in BI dashboards using Tableau from different data environment.
If Interested, please send your resume to email@example.com