Systems Requirements Analyst II
Reliable Government Solutions, Inc.
Alexandria , VA 22314
Posted 1 week ago
Reliable Government Solutions, Inc. (RGS) is looking for an experienced and dependable Information Technology (IT) Professional to assist the Department of Defense (DoD) with daily IT support and systems analysis/database management; provide administrative operational support functions; and perform back-up duties for Web Site Content Management.
WORK LOCATION:Alexandria, Virginia
- Require SECRET clearance or must be able to obtain a DoD SECRET clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Information Technology, or similar programs within the IT area of study.
- At least four (4) years of relevant work experience in IT system administration and/or management, systems analysis, technical support, minor programming, web development, and IT project management.
- Experience working/troubleshooting/fixing (or coordinating fix actions as necessary) varied IT equipment and/or software applications, phones, etc.
- Experience with desk-side “help-desk” type functions to assist office staff with varied IT concerns to include password lock-outs, equipment malfunctions, etc.
- Ability to read, write, understand, and communicate in English fluently including strong knowledge of the structure and content of the English language, rules of composition, style, grammar and analytical thinking.
- Keeps up to speed on current technologies; Experience with making IT improvement recommendations, requirements documentation, developing and executing project plans.
- Highly skilled communicator (written & verbal) specifically for customer service, technical writing, and proofreading of business documents.
- Initiative, decision-making, interpersonal relationship skills and social sensitivity in order to relate constructively to a variety of senior-level clients from diverse backgrounds
- Advanced experience with MS Office Suite software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe and devices (e.g., Blackberry)
- Team player who can adapt from standard technical support to high level project management; must also work independently along with ability to be flexible in a fast paced environment
- Experience with database applications such as Oracle, MS SQL and MS Access, including analysis of database views as they relate to reports to identify potential causes of problems for the developers, who do not have access to the live data.
- Systems Analysis Duties: Provide assistance in project planning, functional and technical requirements identification, technology testing, and implementation support for technical projects, to include, but not limited to, the following:
(1) Providing technical analysis, recommendations for software improvements, and support drafting reports based on information loaded into a vital management information system, a Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 web application operating in a Windows 2008R2 system environment that utilizes MS SQL Reporting and Oracle 12c as the backend database (e.g. weekly activity and summary status reports).
(2) Supporting the administration of the Federal Docket Management System by establishing docket numbers; uploading all public comments to regulations.gov; and providing a summary of public comments received to the appropriate case manager.
(3) Providing database phone/desk-side support to include recording tracking calls, and software bugs.
(4) Performing database administration duties to include development and design of database strategies, system monitoring, improving its performance and capacity, and planning for future expansion requirements.
(5) Creating and maintaining database roles, defining a set of users and groups and the access they share, and allowing users/external actors viewing, printing reports, etc.
(6) Migrating data from various sources to the database.
(7) Building the database scalable for limited use by other agencies.
(8) Improving and maintaining database ad hoc reporting capability.
(9) Defining screen improvements; widening viewing grids; improving user friendliness, and presentation to mimic accustomed on-line user expectations.
(10) Providing support to the development of minor enhancements and code fixes to include the development of requirements analysis, software design specifications, testing, identification and definition of problems for developer; and coordination of production implementation.
(11) Provide support documentation for all minor enhancements and code fixes.
(12) Providing surge support to ensure the MIS passes IA reviews and remains accredited via the Department of Defense Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process Instruction.
- Administrative Operational Support Duties: Coordinate IT activities between government offices, to include, but not limited to, the following:
(1) Scan and provide quality assurance of digital media;
(2) Manage incoming telephone communications by routing calls to the appropriate individual, taking messages, relaying information;
(3) Assist/escort visitors and direct them as necessary;
(4) Gather public comments and upload to the Federal Docket Management System, and provide a summary of all comments to the appropriate case manager;
(5) Track FAR/DFARS/PGI publications, and make updates to applicable cases;
(6) Keep all printers, desktops, laptops, projectors functioning properly;
(7) Maintain an inventory of all ADPE;
(8) Participate in weekly staff meetings;
(9) Monitor the department mailbox, forwarding questions to the Deputy Director for assignment, and track each question to ensure a response is provided in a timely manner;
(10) Prepare each report to be used at quarterly FAR Council meetings.
(11) Work with Defense Acquisition University to coordinate and prepare material for periodic video shoots; and
(12) Archive records, case files, and PGI files.
- Web Site Content Management Duties: Serves as back-up to Web Site Manager. Create, maintain, and optimize the department website by collaborating, as required, with the Editors and other technical specialists. Review web content periodically to ensure content is current, relevant, and that all web content has a significant look and feel throughout all web pages. Ensure that all functions of the website work appropriately.
Please provide references ANDsalary requirement along with your resume