Systems Engineering Specialist - 2872 (Internal Only)
National Aerospace Solutions
Arnold AFB , TN 37389
Posted 4 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Title: Systems Engineering Specialist - 2872Function: EngineeringPosition Type:Regular, Full-Time Pay Type:Exempt Grade: 35US Citizenship Required:YesOPEN TO CURRENT TOS EMPLOYEES ONLYEXTERNAL APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE REVIEWED
National Aerospace Solutions (NAS), LLC is the team selected by the U.S. Air Force (USAF) to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment activities at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, in Tullahoma, Tennessee. NAS is committed to partnering with the Air Force and the workforce at AEDC to drive the change necessary to ensure the long-term viability of the Complex while ensuring mission success: no impact to customers, no loss in data quality, and no reduction in productive test time ultimately securing AEDC's long-term future and world-class superiority in aerospace and flight testing.Job Summary: This role is intended to serve in a systems engineering capacity. The persons selected for these roles will work alongside systems engineers and plant operations engineers in the daily activities of maintaining plant infrastructure required to reliably provide test conditions to the test cells. Job Duties:Systems Engineers oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of major equipment such as large motors, motor control centers, switch gear and protective devices, refrigeration systems, compressors, heaters, dryers, and other equipment necessary to that provide test conditions to the test facilities, and to ensure equipment is being installed and functioning according to specifications. Some specific tasks associated with this type of work are included below (NOTE: this is not an exhaustive list.)The persons selected for these positions willprovide the following engineering related services:
- Responsible for safe operations and maintenance of plant and/or test facilities
- Evaluate mechanical, thermal, electrical and electromechanical systems by applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, pneumatics, heat transfer, and materials of construction
- Respond when systems malfunction during a test, troubleshooting and directive corrective maintenance activities (or calling in the appropriate systems engineer for additional support), ensuring a timely return to service
- Work with reliability engineers to develop maintenance schedules based on condition and health of equipment and ensure supply of materials required to maintain equipment is available when needed to prevent equipment failures
- Perform root cause failure analyses and other equipment performance analyses when systems or processes fail and recommend remedial actions
- Conduct and write up system safety hazard analyses and write clear work instructions
- Develop, document, and complete maintenance procedures, mechanical systems operating procedures, sequence of operations, advanced troubleshooting, system optimization, and energy conservation
- Update and maintain system documentation for systems of responsibility
- Develop estimates for small improvement projects and test projects
- Work with multiple organizations such as design engineering, planners, schedulers, craft supervisors, fabrication shops, DoD client, and other contractors
- Assist skilled craft with troubleshooting and oversee their work; provide leadership and guidance
- Communicate clearly and utilize various methods of communication
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Two years of college plus a minimum of 9 years of progressive and relevant experience or any equivalent combination of applicable education and progressive and relevant experience totaling a minimum of 11 years.
- A minimum of 5 years experience with AEDC processes and facilities.
- Current US Citizenship is required.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.
- Familiarity with at least one of the turbine and rocket test cells, wind tunnels, gas gun ranges, space chambers, and/or arc heater facilities and/ or supporting plants functions is desirable. The systems and environment at AEDC are varied from high velocity pressurized wind tunnels to vacuum chambers. Process systems include 4,000 psig air, steam, cryogenics, flammable gases and liquids, high temperature service over 1,300 F, and various utilities including high, medium, and low voltage power.
- Technical knowledge of engineering systems, applications of engineering methods and construction methods and materials, and application of computer aided engineering (CAE)/computer aided design (CAD) tools to engineering problems.
- Working knowledge of major systems
- Multi-disciplinary experience (electrical engineering, mechanical systems, mechatronics, control systems, etc.) is a plus.
- Basic communication skills (including verbal and written)
- Demonstrated experience successfully building relationships with team across engineering and craft workforce
- Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Active Department of Defense Secret Security Clearance.