Systems Engineering Lead - Shaw Afb, SC
Sumter , SC 29150
Posted 6 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Under general direction, performs high-level systems analysis, evaluation, design, integration, documentation, and implementation of very complex application that require a thorough knowledge of administrative and technical skills. Directs and participates in all phases of system development with emphasis on planning, analysis, evaluation, integration, testing and acceptance phases (IV&V and DT&E). Applies higher-level business or technical principles and methods to very difficult technical problems to arrive at automated engineering solution. Designs and prepares technical reports and related documentation, and makes charts and graphs to record results. Prepare and deliver presentations and briefings as required by the Task Order. May be required to serve as Task Leader. Responsible for ensuring the quality and services delivered for particular task(s) for which this skill is performing the Task Leader position.
- Provide Tier 2/3 technical support;
- Serve as networks/systems engineering subject matter expert for communications and IT installation, upgrade, integration, removal and projects;
- Analyze and translate operational requirements into the communications and IT hardware/software, infrastructure and service solutions designed to meet those needs;
- Develop and provide detailed engineering solutions and cost estimates;
- Perform and facilitate network and systems architecture planning, design, implementation, integration, testing and acceptance support activities;
- Conduct technical feasibility analyses, engineering studies, and performance testing and measurement on networks/systems in order to identify performance vulnerabilities and weaknesses; and report findings to the government;
- Recommend network/system hardware and software solutions and upgrades to promote efficient and effective performance;
- Facilitate experiment, research and development, modeling and simulation projects, as required;
- Develop and submit associated network/systems engineering documentation, studies, plans, diagrams, drawings and reports, as required by the government;
- Evaluate organizational engineering processes and workflows; and provide recommendations for continuous process improvement;
- Analyze overall health, operational capability and capacity of infrastructure and services; and recommend courses of action to address any deficiencies or shortfalls;
- Develop and maintain Enterprise network/systems/server configuration and connectivity drawings, diagrams, documentation and plans (Deliverable: System Documentation).
DoD 8570 Level 2 or higher (Security+)
Master of Computer Science or related area; and 4+ years IT Domain Knowledge;
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related area; and 8+ years IT Domain Knowledge;
Must have Knowledge of:
- Microsoft Windows Environment
- Cisco Networking
NOTE:To apply, will require Active/current Secret clearance.