Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Systems Engineer Design Controls
Turning Point Search
Grand Haven , MI 49417
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Systems Engineer Design Controls models complete embedded control systems, including the electrical circuit and mechanical system domains. Using embedded coding tools to generate C code from control system models to enable direct deployment of control algorithms on embedded control platforms.
Technologically responsible for the implementation, parameterization, and initial operation of modern motor control and commutation algorithms for brushless drives. Work within a highly talented specialized team environment jointly owning the architecture of the relevant embedded software/firmware modules. Closely collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to capture customer requirements, translate them into software specifications, and further implement them with teams ensuring reusability of the software/firmware modules in multiple series development.
Design and develop an innovative range of sophisticated electronic control systems and solutions for precision control of complex electric motor applications. Apply motor control experience on 3-phase electrical drives to create model-based design solutions to simulate and deploy motor control algorithms. Collaborate with other innovators throughout the company to implement advanced plant modeling techniques and create strategies to design the best performing algorithms like maximum torque per Ampere with field weakening using model-based design.
- Model the AC motor drive system, partition software, and code generation.
- Coordinate implementation details electromechanical system (invertor, motor, mechanics), sensors and interface, processor, driver circuits, system test and debug
- Take technical responsibility for design, implementation, parameterization and initial operation of motor control firmware/ software functionalities for brushless drives and control.
- Participate in product functionality discussions including feature analysis and system design tradeoffs.
- Pro-actively work with internal and external teams to provide create technical requirements and technical solutions.
- Jointly define interfaces, write specifications, and implement them with teams on various series-level electronics.
- Determine application relevant parameters and validation requirements for drive-control.
- Assist in developing product specifications, architecture, schedules, designs, SFMEAs, and test cases.
- Coordinate and assist in performance and qualification testing of variable speed drives.
- Provide technical support to customers as needed for new application development.
- Grow motor control and embedded programming expertise to become a reference in the team for other engineers.
- Collaborate with other technical leaders throughout the company to create solutions for integrated products.
- Bachelors Degree in Systems and Control Engineering, Mechatronics or related engineering discipline, and seven (7) years of experience in the field of motor control and brushless drives to include:
- Model-based design
- Programming skills and knowledge of C/C++ for microcontrollers
- Experience with 3-phase motor control (PMSM, IPM, Induction/Reluctance motors etc.)
- A knowledge of control theory and control loops/feedback loops
- Embedded development environments: IDEs and debuggers.
- Power electronics
- Complex software development projects requiring collaboration with multiple developers
- Know-How of modern software development practices
Candidates with the following experience preferred:
- Systems engineering and SysML
- Programming device drivers (e.g., LIN, CAN, I2C, SPI, SCI, PWM, A/D converters etc.)
- Integrating run-time libraries
- Real-time operating systems (RTOS), e.g., OSEK
- SoC (e.g. Carcassonne)
- Object-oriented design and analysis (OOAD)
- Automotive Industry experience