Systems Engineer - App Performance Management - Junior And Mid-Level
New York , NY 10001
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Columns DevOps practice is continuing to grow at a rapid pace, and there is an immediate need for consultants in the New York area to assist with Presales, Training and Implementation effort for ServiceNow ITOM and AppDynamics solutions.
Not available for 3rd party agencies or C2C contracts. This is a direct hire position with Column Technologies/ Highmetric based in New York, NY.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online or send your resume to email@example.com.
Full training on AppD and/or ServiceNow ITOM will be provided by Column Technologies/ Highmetric
- Good Communication Skills and ability to work on own or within a team
- Good understanding of Windows and UNIX environments and Scripting: UNIX: Linux Red hat, AIX, HP-UX, Solaris, CentoOS, Ubuntu
- Good understanding and usage of the following programming languages: JAVA, Java Script, .NET, Node.js, PHP, C, C++, Ruby, VB Script, Batch, UNIX Shell Script, Perl, HTML, XML
- Databases: Hadoop, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL 2008/2012, MySQL
- Web Servers: Jakarta Tomcat, Apache, NGINX, IIS
- Virtual: VMware, IBM-HMC, Solaris Zones
- Cloud: AWS \ Azure \ OpenStack
- Protocol: TCP/IP, Ethernet, Token Ring, FTP, SSH, T1 & Firewalls
- Technologies: AppDynamics, Puppet Labs, ServiceNow ITOM certifications for any AppDynamics, ServiceNow ITOM and Puppet Fundamentals, Practitioner and Architect are a plus
- Application Performance Management (APM) and Infrastructure Monitoring knowledge are a plus
- Application DevOps, Orchestration and Infrastructure Configuration knowledge are a plus
- Willing to Travel on a regular bases
We don't expect a candidate to have all of these skills, but a basic grasp of them and an understanding of UNIX, Programming, Networking and databases are what we are looking for.
Individual will be employed at Column Technologies as a Mid-Level AppDynamics\Puppet\ServiceNow ITOM Engineer for presales and post sales to architect, deploy, support, and train users in the product to our growing nationwide customer base. Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Presales Demo and Proof of Value for prospective customers.
- Teach DevOps (AppDynamics and/or Puppet and/or SN-ITOM) solution using provided or custom syllabus
- Configuration of DevOps solutions
- Customization of DevOps solution
- Conduct Requirements Analysis sessions and customer workshops
- Provide solution designs based on requirements
- Scope and instrument custom applications
- Provide system and customization documentation
- System and application instrumentation troubleshooting
- Installation and configuration AppDynamics, Puppet, ServiceNow ITOM solution
- Implement integration points to third party solutions
- Provide technical assistance on pre-sales calls and demos
- Provide maintenance tips for the AppDynamics, Puppet, and ServiceNow ITOM solution
- Assist the Frontline Support when not working on active projects
- You will primarily serve our customers who are located in your region but travel will be required based on project needs. All training will be supplied by Column.
- A four-year undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or a related field
Candidates must be willing and able to:
- Work remotely (usually from home) or on Client Sites much or most of the time, coordinating with managers and colleagues who are dispersed over a wide geographic area
- Travel is a requirement
- Take, at company expense, training classes in DevOps solutions
- We offer a competitive base salary
- The best training in the industry
- An open working environment
- Open door policy
- Full benefits
- A LAPTOP Macs all the way!!!
- $ for your phone + internet
- A corporate credit card
- And much more
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran