SYSTEMS ANALYST - IT Acute Care Ancillary Applications - Epic HIM
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under general supervision, formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop, modify or configure application systems.
Prepares detailed specifications. Analyzes and revises existing system logic where necessary, and updates or creates documentation as necessary. Competent to work on most phases of applications systems analysis activities but requires instruction and guidance in other phases.
1.Write detailed description of user's business needs, program functions and steps required to develop or modify systems.
2.Work with users to identify current operating procedures and to clarify business objectives.
3.Analyzes, design, build, test, debugging, and documenting to support implementing and maintaining application systems under minimal direction.
4.Testing all aspects of a solution including correct results, integration, data and system integrity.
5.Participate in training the end users
6.Communicate with vendors regarding technical issues.
7.Provide 24x7 support
8.Maintain an understanding of the department and the tools available to plan work detail and meet scheduled dates.
9.Ability to handle multiple activities simultaneously and prioritize.
10. Recognizes and advises superiors of concerns and/or issues, and provides appropriate follow up to assigned issues.
11. Assist fellow co-workers
12. Using expert knowledge of technologies and business processes provide in depth analysis of application/system and develop solutions to meet business/customer requirements, compare and evaluate options and recommend a course of action
13. Apply application/system, business and workflow knowledge to collaborate with customers to develop requirements to create technology solutions to meet the business needs
14. Create and maintain technical application documentation; including test plans, application architecture, data flows, use cases and workflows
15. Participate in an on-call rotation to provide off-hours end user support
A. Education / Training: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required
B. Work Experience: Two to five years of systems analysis experience
C. Certifications: Epic Health Information Management (HIM). One or more required: HIM Coding Administration; HIM Deficiency Tracking; or HIM Release of Information.
D. Other Qualifications:
Excellent analytical and organizational skills
Ability to work effectively on cross-functional teams
Ability to successfully communicate technical information to non-technical audience
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Demonstrated successful experience in using the specific tools and technologies required in this position
Strong understanding of business processes