North Charleston , SC 29405
Posted 2 weeks ago
Spinvi is hiring a Systems Administrator for a NIWC contract to deliver virtualization engineering, cloud engineering, systems engineering, software engineering, system administration, configuration management, cybersecurity, training curriculum development, technical support, test and evaluation, lifecycle logistics, and sustainment for a program in support of the Program Executive Office (PEO) Command, Control, Communications, and Computers (C4I) Program Office, Acquisition Program Office PMA268, Program Management Warfare (PMW) PMW790, PMW160, PMW150, PMW120 & NAVY INFORMATION FORCES (NAVIFOR) for Naval Information Warfare Center Atlantic (NIWC Atlantic) and Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Combat, and Intelligence (C5I) stakeholders.
Candidate must possess substantial technical knowledge and be consistently willing to learn new technologies.
- Maintain the security and availability of Windows and Linux servers in both internally and externally managed datacenter and cloud environments.
- Provide internal technical support for both hardware and software. Investigate, research, and troubleshoot system related issues that can occur on a daily/weekly basis.
- Install, deploy, and upgrade technologies into the enterprise environment and make recommendations for technology and process improvements.
- Manage the following Windows server technologies: Active Directory (AD), Certificate Authority (CA) Domain Name Server (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Group Policy Objects (GPO) Registry, User and Group and Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).
- Ensure system security compliance is in accordance with latest Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) available for virtualization products.
- Communicate and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders and support personnel during weekly/bi-weekly technical meetings.
- Provide expertise for virtualization implementation and integration for customer use of the virtual hosting environment.
- Coordinate WSUS and LINUX patching activity including wrapping and import of pre-developed patches into the WSUS and LINUX architecture.
- Provide Host Based Security System (HBSS) and Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) expertise to include: installing, managing, maintaining, configuring, and troubleshooting HBSS and associated modules.
- Perform analysis of log files from a variety of sources to identify possible threats to network security and apply security policies to the environment. perform analysis of log files from a variety of sources to identify possible threats to network security.
- Perform software upgrades as needed to include implementing security patches, bug fixes or other critical updates as they become available within the configuration management process.
- Conduct Information Assurance Vulnerability (IAV) impact reviews in relation to supported virtualization products.
- Manage, maintain, and enhance current and future baselines. This effort will encompass hands on technical engineering efforts required to define, develop, test and implement software baselines.
- *Please note this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Three (3) years of technical experience in support of data driven web applications Experience may be achieved simultaneously.
- Candidate must have a current Secret clearance
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Physical Science or Computer Science.
- Obtain the following certifications within one and a half year after assuming duties:
- Professional Software Engineering Master (PSEM)/ Certified Software Development Professional (CSDP) or with approval complete a vendor/platform specific certification (e.g., Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD), Microsoft Certified Applications Developer (MCAD), Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA), Sun Certified Professional (SCP), Red Hat Certification Program (RHCP), CISCO Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Security+, CISCO Certified Design Professional (CCDP), Oracle Certified Professional (OCP), etc.).
- Current DoD 8570 certification
- Work Environment
- This job operates in a professional office environment and occasionally datacenters. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Level of noise is low to moderate.
- Physical Demands
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk long distances; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and be able to lift and move up to 30 lbs.
- Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position. Some flexibility in hours may be allowed, but the employee must be available during the core work hours of 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and must work the minimum hours each pay period to maintain full-time status.
- Occasional Travel may be required for this position.
- Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance
- Basic Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Direct Payroll Deposit
- Leave Accrual
- Short Term Disability
- Additional (Voluntary) Life Insurance
- Additional (Voluntary) AD&D Insurance
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Care Plan
- Flexible Spending Account Plan
- Online Training
- AFLAC Supplementary Insurances
Spinvi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Spinvi does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Spinvi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Spinvi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Spinvi expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Spinvis employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.