Systems Administrator (Dod Top Secret Security Clearance)
Laurel , MD 20708
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
As a member of our team, you'll contribute to IS Security Management and oversight of our Highly Classified information systems in support of Sponsor/Program needs. You'll join an impressive team of technical specialists who are motivated by one common goal. We are passionate about supporting our Program needs. You'll be an active contributor to the safeguarding of all [CLIENTS] Sponsor network systems. With your help, we will provide information assurance, system administration, and systems engineering for mainly Windows and some Linux-based systems in multiple highly classified facilities. You'll independently identify and solve technical issues relating to Information Assurance system hardening (ensuring system availability, integrity, authentication and confidentiality).
CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Active Top Secret w. SSBI (able to obtain a TS/SCI+poly level clearance)
As a Systems Administrator...
- Your primary responsibility will be to provide system administration, and systems engineering for Windows and Linux-based systems in multiple highly classified facilities
- You will configure, install, and maintain Linux computer systems in a stand-alone and networked environment
- You will participate in developing complex solutions for LAN and WAN environments
- You will lock down Linux computers in a mixed environment based upon classified security requirements
- You will run user accounts for Linux systems, reset passwords, and perform annual computer recertification
- Research, diagnose and resolve complex computer system software and hardware issues as they arise
- Perform and analyze weekly security audits for nonstandard events
- Implement backup solution and ensure a cohesive disaster recovery plan
- Provide input to security relevant documentation such as security CONOPS, Security Controls Traceability Matrix's, System Security Plans
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Possess a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, related field or equivalent professional experience
- Have 3+ years experience in Windows/Linux systems administration
- A minimum of 1 year information technology experience working in a classified computer facility in information, intelligence, or security areas.
- Current SSBI required.
- Skilled in Cisco networking equipment.
- Deep understanding of computer operating systems, hardware, and software (proven by at least 3 years of practical experience).
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with managers and technical staff.
- Current DoD 8570 certification (Security+ or CISSP), or ability to obtain DoD 8570 certification within 6 months of employment required.
- Hold an active Top Secret security clearance and can ultimately obtain a TS/SCI level clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Demonstrable experience working in or directly supporting the Department of Defense or other U.S. government entities desired.
- Working experience with VMware or other virtualization software.
- Some practical experience with programming / scripting languages.
- Working familiarity with Director of Central Intelligence Directives (DCID) or Intelligence Community Directives (ICD) security requirements.
This position will afford excellent visibility, internal mobility and leadership opportunities, within a dynamic, growth-focused organization, offering competitive compensation and robust benefits.