Oak Ridge , TN 37830
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Navarro Research and Engineering is recruiting for a System Engineer in Oak Ridge, TN.
Navarro is a premier contractor providing high-quality technical services to DOE, NASA, and DOD. Navarros success is based on our customer service focus and our well-known responsiveness and innovation. In all we do, either in corporate management or in our services to our clients, we seek for the most effective and efficient approaches to provide best value to our clients.
Provide CNS, Special Materials Organization with system engineering support for facility and production area activities in the 9204-2 facility. The responsibilities for the System Engineers are:
- As a technical point of contact for various plant systems in a DOE Production Facility, coordinates configuration management activities, assesses system health and performance, and provides overall technical responsibility for plant system operability and maintenance activities.
- Works in conjunction with the assigned Engineering Design Authority Representative to implement the Configuration Management program for the assigned systems(s). Prepares configuration control packages for tasks; evaluates the impact of proposed changes and /or modifications to approved safety authorization bases for facilities; and performs troubleshooting and improvement activities. Applies the systems and equipment knowledge needed to resolve technical system and equipment issues in cooperation with other related disciplines.
- Requires an ABET accredited BS degree in an Engineering discipline plus 10 or more years of relevant professional experience or a MS degree in a relevant Engineering discipline. Additional experience is preferred. Q clearance required.
- Candidates with systems and equipment experience in mechanical, electrical, chemical or utilities systems preferred.
- Experience in a NRC or DOE regulated environment is desirable. Requires an understanding of Conduct of Engineering, Conduct of Operations, Conduct of Maintenance for facilities operating within a nuclear regulated environment.
- Requires strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interface effectively with various clients, production and support organizations, management, and hourly wage employees. Must be willing to work in a production environment.
- Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearances requirements, US citizenship is required.
Navarro is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability