System Administrator W/ Azure Iaas Experience
New York , NY 10003
Posted 1 week ago
About the Position
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior System Administrator with extensive Azure Iaas experience to join our IT team within a custom software shop. The ideal candidate must possess in-depth domain, software, hardware, IoT, and network knowledge. The Senior System Admin will be responsible for the maintenance, monitoring, diagnostics, support, and installation of systems to insure security, optimize performance, and implement new design requirements in a technologically diverse, customer-driven environment. This includes systems in our primary offices, data center, cloud, and their related network segments. The ideal candidate will be adaptable and thrive in a fast-paced environment that requires working on projects and tasks across all levels with frequently shifting priorities.
Job responsibilities include:
- Provision solutions for various projects and operational needs.
- Configure and troubleshoot with .Net websites on IIS
- Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, phone system, services, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform regular backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up and sent off site as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts, distribution list, security groups, etc. per request.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS/application patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure/add new services as necessary.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
Energetic and ready for the next challenge! A degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or professional certification, e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) preferred, however relevant experience may substitute for this requirement. 5 to 7 years' work experience in complex systems design, operation, and support of applications.
This individual must be able to:
- Plan, organize, and document complex system design activities and configure systems to be consistent with institutional policies/procedures.
- Communicate technical/complex information both verbally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperation, understanding, trust and credibility.
- Perform multiple tasks concurrently and respond to emergency situations effectively.
- Resourceful and able to quickly diagnose and resolve problems while clearly communicating and coordinating with various departments and users.
- Ability to think outside the box and proactively problem-solve. Passion for staying current with emerging technologies.
- Drive automation by writing scripts with PowerShell, Ansible, and VSTS.
- MUST have SaaS experience, preferably within start-up environments.
- Prior experience working with development teams to deploy code, troubleshoot, and provide production support
Windows server administration, server virtualization (Hyper-V environment), SonicWALL firewall administration, VoIP PBX administration (on-prem, Switchvox), F5 Big-IP load balancers, switch/NIC teaming, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, Azure.
Windows server administration, server virtualization (Hyper-V environment), Azure, SonicWALL firewall administration, VoIP PBX administration (on-prem, Switchvox), F5 Big-IP load balancers, server clusters, switch/NIC teaming, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, Group Policies, and TFS. Familiarity with Linux, Analytics, PowerBI, and system performance monitoring tools such as OpManager, New Relic, Sentry a plus.
What BuildingLink Can Offer You
- Opportunities to learn and advance your career
- Office culture comparable to the fast-pace, energy, and vibrancy of a startup, while maintaining the feel of a family owned company
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental/Commuter Benefits
- 401k with matching
- Convenient office located a block away from Union Square
- Flexible PTO
- Birthday Holiday
- Team outings (happy hours, company events & retreats, weekly lunches, holiday parties, etc.)